Do all the C4 posts remind anyone else of right before Rocketpod nerf?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tulmas, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Winfield

I'd reckon everyone wants to, he just has too many fanboys on these forums(all 3 of them I think you know who I'm talking about).
    • Up x 1
  2. IamDH

I like how we turned this into a Stew "tread"
    • Up x 2
  3. theholeyone

That's cos you guys suck, don't even know how to get your tanks to strafe for gawd's sake :rolleyes:

We're only trying to help really.
    • Up x 1
  4. K3STR3L

All of it :)
  5. EliteEskimo

Well according to Stew
    can take me seriously. I don't know why everyone keeps liking my posts because I'm an evil, hopelessly biased, greedy, spawn camping, bad tanker who could apparently make make Jesus cry from all my evil doing. *According to Stew*

Sometimes I honestly feel like Gandalf battling Saruman, I mean am I the only one who notices Saruman's similarities with Stew?

[IMG]

Then of course there is this video which accurately describes almost every one of Stew's Threads. The black tower represents the self appointed pedestal of power that Stew assigns himself for each thread, meanwhile myself as Gandalf can't believe what I'm hearing as I look on in amazement with others who see where I'm coming from. We all look on for a short while while Stew tries to explain his points, then eventually either myself or someone else on the forums becomes Legolas shooting Stew off his Tower by proving him completely wrong. Then he inevitably falls off and down the tower as more and more people point out he's wrong. Yet since Stew never admits he is wrong he tries to argue all the way down the Tower/Thread until the thread dies and Stew stops talking. Then it happens allll over again.:D
    • Up x 3
  6. IamDH

Lol
    Video made me lol irl :D
    • Up x 1
  7. GhostAvatar

It reminds me of all the threads before the tank mines got "nerfed". I said then and I will say it again, as soon as the mines got nerfed they will move onto the next thing that killed them, which would be C4. I was right then and I will be right again. If C4 gets nerfed they will move onto the next thing that killed them, which will be..... well its a close call between AV turrets and lock-ons aka the Striker. I am going to go with AV turrets as it isn't alienating a whole faction, just a class.
  8. TheBillOf3D

I don't see the incentive of high risk lolpodding when you can turn yourself into a low cost human ESF instagib bomber.
  9. jak

Nuh uh
  10. MasterCheef

I main LA, only thing i would do to C4 is make it equire 3 bricks to kill a tank.

The downside to this is that it may cause more LAs to "kill steal" already weakened tanks.

They need to fix c4 deployment before anything else though. If i knew exactly where my C4 would drop and knew it would always go off- i would be more open to tanks needing 3 c4. until then, its too big of a risk for LA, a class that does NOT need another nerf
  11. deggy

Thank you! I'm both a tanker and a LA, and I'd compromise at 2 C4 taking a tank down to Critical, where it's burning and has to be repaired. It's not that big a change, and it makes perfect sense. One C4 sets a Lightning on fire, two sets an MBT on fire.
  12. awsomeguyiam

The air does have a definite smell of the "don't take my OP toy away"
  13. Jachim

Yeah that can be a pisser. Happens to alot of weapons unfortunately but I agree. Fix that, reduce its overall damage, and reduce its overall cost to say 50 resources :)
  14. Jachim

100% agree. They should reduce the damage to tanks, and that's it really. MAX's can be rezzed even if they cost a lot. If the MAX users faction is using good teamwork they're fine.

LA/C4 is zero teamwork so they can feel better about how bad their lives are by ruining someone elses day.
  15. FigM

Sorry but you gotta be pretty dumb if you think C4 is worse than AV Turret and HA missile spam
  16. Jachim

Guys, remember that C4 has good uses, it should be a tactic used to enhance teamwork. so it should be able to be used more often given its low hit and score per hour. To buff it, give it less resource cost, but disallow it to one-shot-kill tanks.
  17. Jachim

At least there are counters to that. It's a lot easier to see coming than a flying C4-****.
  18. FigM

Completely opposite of what's true. C4 is easy to counter because C4 has to be delivered at point blank range - plenty of opportunity to kill the attacker. AV Turrets and missiles can be spammed safely from long distance, with terrain/structures for cover.
  19. EliteEskimo

Any area with high cliffs, a huge portion of Indar, and almost all of Amerish turns this into a range weapon which you can drop from high above a MBT. You also have to consider Tech Plants and Amp stations which also take away C4's weaknesses. I know what you're saying though FigM
  20. Holomang

C4ing a tank takes exponentially more skill than driving one.