Diversity and you!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kael Urth, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Kael Urth

Is anyone else sick of the majority of forum whine being about "balance", "equality" etc etc(we could even go into a societal debate about that, but i digress), what happened to playing towards the strengths and weaknesses of a game/faction, why is the focus on making everything in every game so cookie cutter and interchangeable, variety adds to the gameplay, if anything it should be encouraged to be different, rather than, "NC get this, i want that" then play NC!

A vast majority of people should be forced to play eve online, a perfect example on playing towards strengths, you don't take certain ships to fights, just as you don't take certain guns to areas, a shotgun should **** your day up in CQC, a rocket launcher to the face should kill you, get over yourself and learn the flow of battle.

While no game is perfect, and i repeat, no game is perfect, SOE is at least attempting to keep it alive by adding things at a quick pace(for a massive video game), appreciate what you have, of course there's always room for improvement, but adapt and overcome people, you're not a bunch of hapless babies.
    • Up x 13
  2. Ganelon

Too bad that the term diversity is usually used to defend something that's horribly OP.
    • Up x 4
  3. RomulusX

Agreed, I enjoy more separation of empires through different Empire specific weapons and vehicles each with their own strengths and weaknesses
    • Up x 2
  4. Tobax

Would be nice if people actually tested things in game before moaning about it, latest patch and servers arn't even up yet and already people "know" its nerfed too much or not enough without even using it.
  5. Kael Urth

Agreed, I'm not too familliar with the lore, but enough to know that if the NC are actually the "rebel forces" it would make sense they'd be the best in CQC, just purely on guerrilla warfare, while the TR with their massive armies and **** would be the best at suppression and open warfare, the lack of foresight with people is astonishing though.
    • Up x 1
  6. WUNDER8AR

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. Advanced Darkness

Ive been screaming this myself. People spout off OP and balance because they only played games that are clones of clones of games that have been doing the same thing and they come here and see different factions with different stuff and yell OP and loud as possible.
    For a sec the NC Phoenix in this game seemed like an irritation if you were TR or VS sitting in a turret or something. Then i jumped out my turret, ran behind the rocks (with my engineer) and carbined their faces, naded and dropped my 2 whole mines. Killed 4 with my carbine alone and my mine and nade got 2 more and i got some bonus dmg off of a few others.
    I honestly think these kids are just used to complaining and having things made easier for them to play rather than actually learning how to play a game. They also thing all FPS's should play like the other FPS they were playing and its important to keep up with a kill death rate...however many girls that gets them ive no idea. Hmm now if it made my dong even longer that would atleast be something.
  8. Kael Urth

Also, I think I might be a hipster gamer, I change factions due to whoever has the lowest pop on my server(helios), hilarious fights.
  9. Taiji

Of course all factions should get shotguns, and TV missiles, and an uber-lame lockon weapon like my striker.

You want the game broken for the sake of diversity? lol
    • Up x 1
  10. Kael Urth

You made a great point until you started talking about girls and dong's, now i'm just confused... :p But I do the same thing as my infiltrator with smg, just sneak around rock formations and ****, although it is annoying getting shotgunned, but it makes sense(but not why i can't carry a shotgun as a infi :[ )
    • Up x 1
  11. Kael Urth

How is the game broken? That's a strong word.
  12. Kael Urth

Not everyone should get tv guided missiles, but I wouldn't mind a UAV, that'd be swell :3
  13. MurderBunneh

And yet all the above have no out come on the statistics. NC still in last place in most areas.
    Keep that whine up would not want to lose that intensity for a second because you might be the next to be looked at.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=23
  14. RomulusX

The best example I can think of are pistols in PS1. The NC Scat pistol obviously very powerful up close but restricted at range. The TR/VS never complained and yelled "WE WANT OURS TO BE POWERFUL UP CLOSE", etc. Each empire had their obvious pros/cons. I want to see more of that!
    • Up x 2
  15. Kael Urth

That would make sense if it's averaging all the servers, because each one has a diff pop, like on helios for example I bet the NC are doing wonderfully, while on connery it's the TR(so i've heard), everything falls out in the wash, what would be really fun(till the servers explode) is a universal server, but that's just a pipe dream.
  16. Kael Urth

GOING TO WORK, ill be back to get to everyone's points later! enjoy the LOL-UP MAXES NERDS
  17. Patrician

The problem that PS2 has that PS didn't is that there are a lot more self entitled CoD and BF3 players in PS2 and they have no idea how to play a game that has asymmetrical balance. For them everything has to be the same between factions, just the colours should be different. And they'd probably want the VS purple nerfed because it gives them an advantage in the dark.
  18. MurderBunneh

19. Taiji

20. MurderBunneh

Yes I'm sorry I forgot your "feelings" are a much better indicator of balance.
    • Up x 3