Discussion on bundle pricing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UniqueLaharal, Jan 27, 2013.

1. UniqueLaharal

Alright, let me start this off with a short tale. A few weeks ago I had just started Planetside 2. It was enjoyable (still is mind you) but at first I felt it was taking too long to get things. Then..WHATS THIS?!?! A vehicle bundle with a bunch of stuff, holy jeebus the zhepyr, an HE weapon for my magrider, rocket pods, camo for my vehicles.. hohoh ohh man. ...and for 2000 SC. I weighed the costs and said "screw it, lets drop 20 bucks on this thing." and I felt it was a great deal. No regrets there.

My time was worth more than the 20 bucks I had laying around. It felt awesome. It even had that green "SALE!" thing on it which made it even more appealing. And after my first "big" purchase I found myself dropping a couple bucks here and there to get things I wanted. That feeling that I had gotten a good deal and had fun with everything I got in it made me much more willing to get other bundles. (aside from the flash kobalt...who uses that effectively?)

Then I see the vehicle bundle come back up again. I'm on my NC toon, I already got a MAX bundle for it so I was like "Hm...I like vehicles still, There's a lot of stuff in there, and I can spend more of my certs on upgrading the performance of my classes! This is great this is- wait wait 4900 SC? Ohhh...no sale thing on there...either, guess that's the normal price....

Now I'm guessing some of you might have felt this same thing. "There is a fair amount of stuff in here and it saves me time that I can then spend really enjoying the game...but for 50$...ngh" Wasn't so willing to slam down a 50. Didn't quite feel like so much of a deal.

What I'm wondering is how do you all feel about these bundle prices, specifically the vehicle starting bundle at its normalized price instead of its "sale" price? In my personal opinion, the normal price is way too high, and the sale feels just right (Normal enough right?). If its only around 20 $ for that stuff, it seems that more people would buy it, instead of scoffing at it when it is just about 50 $. Sometimes putting it at a lower price could make more money, I don't know.

How about you all?
  2. Verisimilituder

The 2 high priced bundles are listed erroneously. This week, they were supposed to flip over to two new large bundles (in addition to the Amerish Bundle) that will be discounted. Instead, the two old bundles are still listed but without the >50% discount they had.

So, no, they're not trying to sell you a non-discounted bundle. They had 2 new >50% off bundles ready to go, but someone messed up and they're not showing up yet. Search the store for ''bundle'' and you should see 2 unavailable ''sale'' bundles. You can't buy them yet, but they're what'll show up once they fix this.
  3. The game is alive!

Really?, this game is worth spending a cent on?
  4. ArmedGoose

Is there any day when nothing is screwed up at the store? Wrong launcher here, wrong camo there, bundles not consistent across the factions... you name it, they've got it.
    I mean really?
    Not to forget that this is SOE's way to get payed for the game. Whoever this doofus is messing up the store regularly should already have been fired yesterday...