Disable XP When Shooting From Spawn

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Harbinger, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Astealoth

disabling xp from inside the spawn room is no solution. most spawn room camping is caused by the enemies outside staring at the door. get your squad mates to hold the objectives instead of holding the spawn room door and they'll come out. otherwise stop crying.
    • Up x 1
  2. CaptainYamerica

Ummm if you notice my post in which you originally quote to bring about this inane discussion, you will also notice I am in defense of those camping in the room keeping their experience.

[IMG]
  3. ent|ty

That's wonderful, except defenders can't 'camp', especially in their own spawn. You sir, on the outside, waiting for them to run into your guns, are a 'camper', hence the term 'spawn camping'.
  4. anaxim

If they should give a penalty , they should give it to those that are camping outside the room , not to those inside.
    You get low xp for spawn kill because you killed someone that was in disadvantage.
  5. HellasVagabond

The enemy can always stay CLEAR from the line of sight these shields and windows offer, case closed.
  6. Tow2Bravo

Heres a simple solution to the age-old problem of people shooting into the spawn camps. Disable XP to the tool bags that surround a spawn point shooting into it. Make every bit of damage thats shot into a spawn shield reflect into the attackers face.

If you want a simple solution to people camping inside a spawn room, take a look in the mirror. They wouldn't be there if someone wasn't holding them there. It's a double edged sword, be part of the solution, not the problem.
  7. Kiddneey

XP tweaking, along with the removal of KDR would certainly help stop people in spawn rooms.
  8. Tow2Bravo

The issue is KDR will never be removed. If xp is tweaked for one side it needs to be done to the other. People like OP think the majority of people like camping spawn rooms. From my experience this isnt true at all. Most people want to go fight but getting vaporized in 0.1 seconds makes people not want to step out.
    Spawn shields reflect damage to attacker...problem solved.
  9. Phrygen

Removing KDR wont do anything positive for this game.

Removing XP from players shooting out of the spawn room will just make players abandon defending bases all together.
  10. Schwak

Make it so MAXs can't shoot through shields and you are un-able to lock onto aircraft through shields. Tired of one kid sitting in a spawn room flaking it up in safety.
  11. Schwak

Ya but how often do people even push out of the base unless its an outfit? Never. They just sit there and shoot out till the base timer is up and redeploy. An outfit will have a plan, pugs will never organize though so abandoning the base will at least give some manpower where it can actually be used.
  12. travbrad

Don't stand in front of spawn room shields like an idiot and you won't get killed. If you give the enemy free kills of course they are just going to sit there farming you. If you deny them kills they might actually come out and fight.
  13. CaligoIllioneus

While I don't really like KDR myself, I don't think it will fix this reverse camping or whatever they want to call it. Regardless of any stat, people will tend to look forward to maximizing their kills while minimizing their deaths.

Why are they toolbags? Why should they let the defenders pour forth into the base? Spawn camping is a core mechanic of taking bases. It's how things are done if you want to avoid unnecessary deaths that can cost you the base.

Do I like it? No, but it's how it is.

Also, you can camp the spawn room perfectly while avoiding direct line of sight with the shields anyways. This thread isn't a complaint by people that have died to reverse campers, this thread is for those concerned about their allies preferring the safety of the spawn room rather than helping retake the base.

If you're 5 against a huge zerg then of course going out will be suicide, but countless times I have been in spawn rooms that I can consistently exit unharmed, yet the allies are all inside fighting for a spot near the shield to play whack-a-mole with the newbies that stand in front of the shield or run past them, obliviously. I noticed this in opposing factions countless times as well, an inordinate number of people inside the spawn room that outnumbers the campers, so if they pushed at the same time they could kill us and overrun the base, but nope, they sit there until the base flips.
  14. Tow2Bravo

It seem to me like the, "campers" are always the ones doing the complaining. Yet, in their reasoning they think they are better in some way because they are the ones doing the camping. Maybe tool bags isn't the best term for them, that I'll give you. Stop feeding the campers and they will either leave or push out.

If they are so worried about spawn campers, then stop feeding them kills. Personally I leave once it gets to that point, because the TK gets amplified by a hundred inside the spawn room. It's pathetic really. But, on the other hand I don't blame the campers. If idiots are dumb enough to get farmed by spawnroom campers, who is really to blame?
  15. Goretzu

In most situations though the end result will be the same.

The next base in line doesn't tend not to fall because of some tactically brillant counter-act (at least not 9 times out of 10), but rather simply because either less enemy attack it, or more friendlies come to defend it (both of which would have worked at the prior base, had it happened there).

I'm not saying that people are daft to use all they can, I'm just saying with the way PS2 is most of the time it's fairly irrelevent to the outcome.

And punishing outnumbered people further simply isn't going to make people get organised and counter attack (nor make it work if they somehow did) - the two are very seperate things.

All that will happen if they somehow removed spawn exp (and I'm not sure it is technically possible even) is that they'd have removed spawn exp.
    The game play effects are simply more likely to be people just giving up and logging when badly outnumbered, the exact opposite of what the game needs.
  16. Goretzu

If the Zerg is big enough and organised enough they will be running a "next base team", one which is often big enough to spawn camp the next base before the prior one is even taken.

In that situation seemingly the forum "wisdom" would be to redeploy to the NEXT base again and ceed TWO bases without a fight in the (likely false) hope that somehow there'd be a way to stop them at the third base. :confused:
  17. Goretzu

That's the thing, the better way to discourage this is to give NO exp for defenders killed inside the spawn (through explioting shields) or in an area imediately around the spawn.
  18. Tow2Bravo

Don't burst their bubble, they want something done about their inability to keep themselves from running in front of a spawnroom getting farmed. I'm not the smartest man by any means, but there seems to be a simple solution to not getting shot by someone in a spawn room.
  19. MonnyMoony

Well - it would make for better gameplay.........which is one of the reasons frequently cited on this thread.

I dont agree. Camping/defending the capture points is a core mechanic of the game - these have to be defended to keep the base from flipping back - but there is nothing in this game that forces attackers to sit outside a spawn room shield with lolpods and HEAT - I suspect most do it simply to farm the certs.
  20. repairtool6

Attackers are at zero blame. They must/should camp the spawn with ruthless and merciless effort. End of it.
    Defenders need to GET OUT or redeploy. End of it.

How to redeploy: Hit ESC, press redeploy. Choose new location to spawn in. Counterattack or set up new defense.
    How to get out: If hopelessly overrun - see point about Redeploy.
    If somewhat even population: Pop smokes and make a rush for it. From here anything will happen. You either succeed or you dont.

As for the XP:

Just my opinion but i agree with OP. XP should not be granted as long as you are inside shield-room. Not only for kills, but for any action or ability you choose to perform. As long as you stay inside the shield, you should not under any circumstance earn anything.
    Dropping ammo inside shield? No exp
    Repairing MAX inside shield? No exp
    Reviving guys killed just outside the door? No exp
    Launching rockets at armor from shieldroom? No exp
    Going full DAKKA with burster-max at hovering ESF from the shieldroom? No exp
    etc. etc. etc. etc.

TIP: It no voodoo 'works everytime' magic solution, but USING SMOKE for pushes out of the spawn HELPS TREMENDOUSLY time after time after time. Drop that smoke and take the risk!