Directive weapons as Exceptional weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Illucidator, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Illucidator

Do you think auraxing directive weapons should count towards the exceptional directive?
    • Up x 11
  2. Liewec123

i don't see why not, they're weapons that can't be bought which is the general jist of the other exceptional ones (either can't be bought at all any more or are seasonal/promotional)

if someone wants to grind 34,800 kills for black camo, i say let them go ahead :p
    • Up x 2
  3. Illucidator

I feel like it would be easier than trying to get 1160 with a differently colored beamer or crossbow lol. Plus alot of ppl already work on or already have the directive weapons and yea you're right not everyone has directive weapons which does make owning a directive weapon pretty Exceptional. I hope they would make this change.
  4. Lord_Avatar

That would make sense. +1
  5. Illucidator

So no one disagrees. Make it happen DBG!!!
  6. Foxirus

I disagree. That directive is completed with event based weapons. If you don't want to support the event that allows you to buy the weapons for that directive, You don't deserve that directives reward. I feel its moreso a thank you to the ones who actually take the time to buy and auraxium event weapons. Not to mention it would be lost sales. How badly do you want that black camo? Better break out that wallet.
  7. XanIves

There should be a directive for only directive weapons. It should give a decal as a reward, that when equipped, changes your minimap icon to "MLG PRO PLAYS" and you should get a "GET REKT" option to yell in the "v" shoutout list.
  8. Leftconsin

Directive weapons should have their own directive.

I've got no good suggestions as to what to put at the end of that. BUT you really should get something at each directive tier.
  9. Shaengar

I like the idea and it has already be proposed several times but sadly it won't happen. The devs already stated some time ago that it is technically impossible for them to add more weapons to the already huge stack of the exceptional weapon directive because the list has grown too long. They'd have to recode the entire page which they will not do.

They also said once that they had plans for a directive regarding directive weapons. However this was during SOE-times. Don't know if Daybreak has any intentions on continuing this.
  10. FateJH

It's a weapon Directive so it should have a weapon at the end of it. The real question is whether the Directives weapon you get when you complete the Directive Weapons Directive should count to your Directive Weapons Directive, or if it should have its own Directive?
    • Up x 1
  11. Leftconsin

I'm not sure how this is a problem.
    Also, wouldn't they run into this problem if they added two more vehicles to the game?
  12. Leftconsin

Woa there. That there is some dangerous thinking.
  13. Mongychops

Dual-wield Betelgeuse reward confirmed.
  14. NinjaTurtle

Yes..... and I am not just saying that because I have 3 of them..... honest
  15. Scr1nRusher

It would be great.
  16. Liewec123

i dunno i have the special zephyr, that would be ridiculously easy to auraxium.
    then theres the 3 gold SMGs, they'd all be easy and they're cheaper than buying all 3 normal ones.
    and then there is just one more to go, i'm not a mega fan of the crossbows but they wouldn't be too hard to aurax.
    so 5,800 kills, 4,640 of which are really easy compared with 34,800 kills, i know which i'd go for XD
  17. qiray12

Yes, it would still keep the black camo somethig exectional while its still doable (ehm).

This also forces people to play diffrent classes if they want to get this so its a ++ :p

And it makes directive weapons something to go for (since many are just a sidegrade or downgrade over the standart version)

I say heck yes make it happen DBG!
  18. Iridar51

Wanted to make a same exact thread, but found this so bumping in instead. This should be done!