[Suggestion] Different way to build bases.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Suicidalspectre, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Suicidalspectre

What we have is almost a little too freeform.

I suggest flattening a couple of less desireable bases on the lattice. Then make another type of constuction. One with prefab halls, buildings, spawns, and even vehicle and aircraft spawns.
    Put it all on a grid and snap to grid. All buildings must be already in the game, so that they work together and have multiple entrances and exits. That way you can't bury the point in a one entrance room.

Only the controlling faction can build, and it would need cortium to build things but not to spawn vehicles or troops, like a normal base would. Once capped the new faction owner retains the buildings, but can remove and rebuild as need be, as long as they have cortium.

Vehicle spawns and gates and shield walls all take up space so you might not be able to fit it all in and keep it a easily defendable base.
  2. Who Garou

We have vehicle-capture bases that are designed to have bases build around them and people then to ignore building bases around some of them.

I don't think removing more fixed bases is the answer.
    • Up x 1
  3. Suicidalspectre

Vehicle capture bases were kind of poorly designed. Having two capture points outside the base let's the base be ignored. Current building tools are, like I said earlier, too freeform. Put these on a grid build system. The pieces should lock together to pretend silly gaps that frustrate current bases. Towers, walls like in bases, buildings even allow up to 3 capture points, but as few as 1. Heck to make it interesting the bases could spawn with a prefab base similar to a current base. Make these buildables non destructible so it can actually defend a siege. Maybe a couple of preset gates so it's not just a solid wall. Only things in non mob would be buildable. So no glaives or OS. Towers but no AI. Essentially just a normal base but tailored to the needs of the faction that owns it.
    • Up x 1