Did Tank Mines change this patch?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Beef Wellington, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Beef Wellington

Just wondering. I signed on today and had the opportunity to sneak up on a few parked vehicles, throw a few mines at their feet, plug my ears, and... nothing happens.

The tank mines I practically super-glued to the tailpipe of tank's and sunderer's didn't do anything. They never went off. I can shoot the mines, causing them to explode, causing the vehicle they're under to explode, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be playing Al-Qaeda suicide bomber with these things.

Was there a change to the tank mines that I am not aware of?
  2. KlyptoK

Tank mines require motion or force to detonate.

They are no longer psychic.
    • Up x 1
  3. Tullerion

Nothing to see here folks, just another guy who cannot read patch notes, move along.
    • Up x 6
  4. Gisgo

They wont detonate on veichles that are not moving, but you can detonate them yourself with bullets/grenades.
    Didnt change much, honestly.
  5. CaNsA

DAMN YOU!

I was going to post "Did someone not read the update notes"
    • Up x 2
  6. Tullerion

My bad, lol
    • Up x 2
  7. Beef Wellington

I can't even find where the patch notes are located. And I don't see a link from the Planetside 2 startup screen. (Latest news is "Server Maintenance 04.04.2013)

Ya'all make it sound like people should be tripping over these patch notes.
  8. Tullerion

9. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

to be fair, the note wasn't all that detailed about what was changed.
    • Up x 1
  10. MrGurrenLemfox

well sticky grenade works very well with AT mines now.......so yeah nothing changes just more resource for killing non Mine guarded Sundies
    • Up x 1
  11. TheRunDown

Tank mines no longer One shot Terminals.

Other than that, it hasn't effected what I do with them, I still kamikaze Sundys. Just now I have to either lob a nade or shoot them.. I wait for some else to damage them, like some dumb as enemy whos like, DERP TANK Mines, Better Dispose of that.. BOOM!.. DURHH SRLY Guys ¦:3

Either way, that Sundy is gonna Die-ahhhhHH!
  12. VexTheRaven

Threads like these: Because reading patch notes is too mainstream.
  13. Arator

Well i actually read the patch notes and still i wonder about the changes, where exactly can that be found in the patch notes ?

All i see is :
    Infantry Updates

Tank Mines Will no longer arm if thrown on top of a vehicle.

And that does not tell me anything about mines not exploding on stationary vehicles. If it is stated somewhere else in the patch notes please show me, but this is no help at all.
    • Up x 3
  14. Tobax

Thats why you test in game and as found they no longer explode on stationary vehicles. Cert sticky nades and when you drop the AT mines next to a Sundy as normal just stick a nade on its side before running and job done.
  15. Arator

Ah so i have to test everything ingame to know what has changed.

I guess all other games are doing it wrong then by writing the changes in the patchnotes. Sorry, my bad.
    • Up x 1
  16. Being@RT

It also helps to read twitter and reddit, because they're the official information sources.
  17. Arator

You consider Twitter and Reddit as the official information sources? What is this, a backyard party ?

There is no case in which i can see Twitter and Reddit as an official source of information.

The Website and the Launcher have to contain all necessary informations, they are the number one in terms of new content. That is plain and simple common sense and SOE would be the first somehow serious company to use a random social website as the main information source. Ridiculous.

Whats next ? maybe use 4chan as the official announcement board ?

Oh and furthermore, still all changes belong into the changelog, fully explained with stats about what has changed,to what it has changed and from what it has changed.
  18. OKBuick

Played around with tank mines in vr last night. I had no luck getting them to go off by shooting them. It just gave me the friendly fire warning.
  19. TheBillOf3D

That's just how bad they nerfed the shotgun to appease the crybabies.
  20. Arator

Shotguns are still totally viable, and they were op before the nerf and needed it. I used shotguns before the nerf and i still use them, now they fit their role better. You have to seek the close combat more than before now to play effective with them.