Did I Miss The Memo?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Flukeman62, May 1, 2013.

1. Flukeman62

because I swear GU8 was meant to be this week yet I can't find any info on it anywhere. Did I miss something?
  2. Oreo202

No, they did not give it a date.
  3. NoctD

The info is all over the forums if you looked for it and yes its looking this week indeed. Enough stuff on the test server to confirm that its real soonish.
  4. Flukeman62

huh. I am just confused as I thought the GUs came out every 2 weeks
  5. Flukeman62

could you provide a link? because i really can't find any info.
  6. Teegeeack

Game updates come out whenever Higby and his posse can be bothered.
  7. Pie Chasm

Have you been on the test server? They broke so much **** with all of the changes that it is in no way, shape, or form ready for release.

You should be grateful if they delay it another week, or two, that's how bad it is.

If it were to launch now it might almost put the previous GUs to shame and that's saying something.
  8. NoctD

They're scattered all over unfortunately. Highlights:

• Tank armor being buffed
    • AP main tank guns will still kill with the same number of shots, but HEAT/HE will be less effective against the buffed tank armor
    • TR Striker getting nerfed (but bugfix also seems to be coming for it firing blanks)
    • Fury getting nerfed (2 shot for infantry now)
    • Changes to behaving of compensator and forward grips and weapons tuning
    • Forward grip will add equip time to weapon
    • MAX AV faction specific weapons - NC Sparrow (laser guided), TR Mutilator (basically a dumbfire rocket launcher), VS Starfire renamed to Vortek now? (basically a Lancer)
    • MAX AV faction specific abilities - TR lockdown (like Prowler anchor), NC Aegis shield (toggles a shield that you can use as you advance but no firing while shield is active), VS ZOE/Zealot Overdrive (basically a super damage mode but you're also more prone to damage when using it)
    • Harasser buggy - will not have any faction specific weapons on it, 3 seater (driver, gunner, rumble seat)
    • MAX new armor and helmet (and a bundle for this with one faction AV arm)
    • Halberd, Fury, Lumifiber bundle for Harasser
    • Another MAX bundle of some sort as well
    Don't expect the lattice to be part of GU8.
    • Up x 3
  9. NoctD

They've been making multiple changes yesterday/today and broke some stuff intentionally to test certain things as well (like they took out vertical recoil for a while to test COF of guns).

And you know SOE, they will go ahead and release when they can, and patch/fix the mess later. Happens every GU these days.
  10. Flukeman62

right then i suppose i may actually have to do some work... damn
  11. Pie Chasm

You'd think that with a test server it would never happen again.
  12. Lazaruz

GU8 will probably be launched on Friday EU prime time, because why not.
    • Up x 4
  13. NoctD

You missed the memo - RadarX basically outright told us that reporting the test server bugs would help them fix it faster, but it doesn't mean that everything will be perfect when they release something.
  14. nella

Matthew Higby@mhigby 17h
    @Endomortosis GU08 will be out this week unless something huge comes up. PA shotguns are getting a slightly longer refire delay w/ GU08.

I'm guessing tomorrow. If not, they better wait until the next week to avoid any BS over the weekend.
  15. Pie Chasm

So.. the test server exists to give us the illusion that they test things. Makes perfect sense.

Empire showdown be damned.
  16. RadarX

We are still on target for this week, however there were a few issues that needed to be resolved first.

Also yes identifying a bug on Test is better than having it identified on the Live server because they are already in the process of fixing it (or testing a fix for it) when it goes in the game. Obviously this would only be applicable to bugs that weren't game breaking.
    • Up x 2
  17. SgtScum

What you see at any given moment on the test server might not even be anything close to what is coming in a patch.

It's the test server not the 'preview a game update before it goes live' server as there might be things they are testing that are not due for release for several updates from now or even ever if it turns out to be non-viable.
    • Up x 1
  18. Caserion

The striker is getting nerfed, oh come on. The NC get a camera guided laser and the Vanu an insta-gib rocket-laser. We got a bland lock on rocket which has a 5 times bigger change to miss and amkes you stand 2 seconds longer in the open and you are going to nerf that?!? I give up...
  19. SiosDashcR

You forgot about my Basilisk thread. HOW COULD YOU?! ;~;
    • Up x 2
  20. NoctD

*sighs* Sorry, I did forget about that one.

• Basilisk mag size upgrades nerfed to 6, 9, 12, 15 shots at levels 1-4
    And apparently they renamed all the AV weapons, so a Sparrow is now a Raven, and a Mutilator is now a "I forget what the new name is".
    • Up x 1