Devs, please change the way/time the continent locks.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheSunlikeOne, Jun 21, 2018.

1. TheSunlikeOne

Greetings. It is the 9th or 10th day in a row, when I get to play the game at the evening and it is the same continent (Hossin) that is unlocked.
    As I understand, warpgates are being charged the fixed amount of time. The alert starts shortly and continent locks no matter what. But the timing set the way, that every single day the same continent stays open at the same time. Change the charge time a bit or change continent locking mechanic, please.
  2. Jerrynator

I feel your pain.
    Since the patch came out, when I logged into the game in the afternoon, when I usually play, it was like 7 out of 8 times Hossin.
    Not just that Hossin is my least favourite continent, but locking it and moving onto another one just seems to take forever.
    All those days, I was playing usually for 2-4 hours straight and not once I witnessed start of the lockdown alert, that now takes even longer to finish too, not mentioning how long and almost impossible even the events are.
    I mean c'mon... I'm having lesser fun every time I play, because it's just the same thing over and over again.
  3. Sul-Matuul

It seems that players have barely any control over locks now, which makes the game little more than a Cert farm tbh. That's a bit boring if i must be honest. At least we used to be able to pop Hives up to start an alert on our terms and when we were ready to try and win a continent.
    The new alert events are fun, don't change those. But we need a way to progress the continents like we used to have. Some players (like those above) are getting stuck on the same map every single day. Other players are getting trapped in hopeless lost-cause fights with a continent that won't change despite one faction owning +50% of the territory.
    • Up x 1
  4. Pikachu

I wish I could see a chart of the correlation between continent availability and server pop.
    • Up x 1
  5. PlanetBound

PS2 now has the most complicated way to "win" of any FPS that ever existed.
  6. rsonny

7. oOHansOo

Maybe implement a way to use cortium to speed up warpgate charging? Something simple as "drive full ant into warpgate, deposit cortium into the slot there"
    That way, the faction with the most territory can collect cortium the fastest, since there ants are mostly safe form enemys, and it makes the guys, who like to farm cortium for certs, feel usefull to the team.
  8. Sul-Matuul

Yeah but the trouble is nobody is going to drop out of a winning fight to go around ferrying Cortium to the gate, or any other bases now.
    When you're in a fight pushing hard you want the alert to start on it's own, simply because you are doing well. The old system had it, even the hives added to it. This new cycle we have is just infuriating.
  9. TR5L4Y3R

oh believe me if i feel like not getting enough certs out of combat i have no problem going on a cortiumhunt for an hour... also recently the game crashes more and more for me whenever there is a decentsized fight going on ... -_- ...

personaly i would love it if we finaly would get infantry deterencexp .. assistkills just don´t happen enough to me .. i shoot a guy he runs, no one else around me and i get nothing .. and that happens like 8 to 9 out of 10 times to me ..