[Suggestion] Devs, give TR and NC no bulletdrop for one day

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Mar 31, 2015.

1. H0urg1ass

Oh it's the bullet drop straw man argument again.

Lets take the advantage that doesn't matter, keep the discussion revolving around it and yelling "LOOK SHINY!", while we slip the real advantages under our sleeve.
  2. Ballto21

"0.75 ADS" Did you mean NS weapons?
    "Superior accuracy!" Did you mean NS weapons?
    "Versatile AV MAXes!" Did you mean pounders and ravens? (granted, comets and vorteks are good against vehicles, very much so, but pounders are just as effective against vehicles and much better against infantry when you learn the arc)
    "Render range no drop AV" Did you mean ravens?
  3. Turiel =RL=

Believe it or not, but in PS1 you could loot enemy corpses and store their weapons in a personal locker. That was not only fun, it also helped to ease the balance discussion. If you thought enemy-weapon X was OP, you could simply go out and get one!
    • Up x 2
  4. Subject851

Please then, make a video with the same range as in that video with a marauder, id love to see that.
  5. Subject851

I know right, why do we even have faction only weapons in the future, tr, vs, nc couldn't reverse engineer each others weapons ?

Give everyone access to all weapons and I bet the vs kids will really lose there shi*
  6. Konstantinn

I have better suggestion. If no-bullet-drop is so useless, take it away from VS. Not for a day, forever. See how many notice. That way purple-impossible-to-see-in-the-dark-spandex can become the new official VS trait.
  7. DxAdder

Is this beat a dead horse month?

By all means take no drop away FOREVER, just let me know what we are getting to compensate for the tremendous loss.

NBD means nothing, in this game the weapon that dominates at 50m or less is all that matters.
  8. Unsp0kn

I love how the VS immediately rally the troops to defend no bullet drop. Of course it helps, takes less compensation while aiming for those headshots.
  9. pnkdth

Yepp, in all those fights happening at 100+ meters... I think I can count on a single hand the times I've fought at those ranges over the last 6 months(excluding the occasional sniper session, of course).

Also, many weapons which are good at range have bullet velocities upwards 620-670m/s which makes bullet drop even less of a non-factor(bullet velocity affect bullet drop). This is why, for example, why the Railjack functionally does not have any drop since it is impossible to use it at ranges where we'd actually start noticing it.

As someone who play all faction(2 chars on each faction on 2 different servers) this really isn't an advantage. It helps once every blue moon, yes, but that's it.
  10. Bobman23

It means nothing and yet taking it away would be a tremendous loss?
  11. Ballto21

Alright, are you on emerald? My harasser isnt even certed on my VS let alone TR, if you drive ill gun. It cant be much worse than a fury, which i can peg sundies with on my flash from on top of a mountain (trial and error yes, but still possible)
  12. Danath

Cool, wouldn't need the T5AMC, just Jaguar for everything.
  13. Badname82

What, no one runs silencers and SPA?
  14. Ballto21

I do.

On my:
    Vx6
    Serpent
    Jaguar (which does have drop!)
    T5 AMC
    and pretty much everything that can be suppressed, depending on the situation
  15. Badname82

Just saying I notice bullet drop on the Merc with a silencer at much shorter ranges than 100m :) Man, I'd love if it my Blitz (using silencer and SPA) had no bullet drop.

(and no, bullet drop isn't what makes VS OP...it's their superior posteriors that do. BUFF NC DUMP BUTTS)
  16. Ballto21

Well your first issue is youre using a silencer on a mid range weapon. Your second issue is youre firing a weapon with an effective range of 60m significantly further than 60m.

Come use a suppressed solstice, not much will be different
  17. DxAdder

It means nothing to the VS but the NC/TR think it's some massive advantage, so if we are going to give it up we might as well get a real faction trait that is worth something.
  18. Badname82

Fair point, I'll give that a shot. To be blunt though, the dev's should give TR and NC the Orion for a week. Man, I love that LMG.

And Comet Maxes are mad fun too.

Personally, I consider No Bullet Drop to be the VS perk, much like the flexible NC arsenal to be theirs, and the larger carbine/rifle clips to be the TR perk. IE: Not OP in the least, just nifty.
  19. Ballto21

Im not saying that the nc or tr are op because of their traits, just that their trait is useful in many situations and on more than 3 weapons.
  20. KnightCole

I dont want no bullet drop, I just want velocity that doesnt travel at the speed of turtle.....

600-620ms would be nice....EM6's primary flaw, 580ms.....