[Suggestion] DEVELOPERS. Pls Read Perfect LA buff.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by JAZI, Oct 31, 2014.

1. JAZI

I really enjoy playing as the light assault and there is just no better way to flank and get across the battlefield as fast but our biggest downfall would be being spotted . . . and being inferior to all other classes

for an utility slot. . . .

so my first suggestion is that Light assaults should have a similar two choices like a medic

Team Play

1. Personal Anti Spot System . . . P.A.S.S. (lol lets you "PASS" through and flank)
    this would work like the medic self heal ability but during this time you are 'unspotable'
    and once you have a nice hiding spot u can activate your ability to get rid of any spot affect you still have leaving you hidden . this ability also scrambles enemy sensors

2.Mobile Anti Spot System . . . . . M.A.S.S. (lol lets the "MASS" of troops come through and flank)
    this will work like the medic shield charger but cover a wider area and be invisible like the motion detector
    and any allies within that area will remain 'unspotable'

Solo Play

(NOTE) This will disable the ability to use A.S.Systems

3. Adrenaline pump +
    a version that has 5 levels? and improve overall speed as well

4. Jetpack +
    this version will have more burn time faster speeds and faster recharge

5. Combat Jetpack
    this jetpack can be upgraded in maybe the distance u launch or how fuel efficient the dashes become,
    You will be able to launch yourself short distances in any direction using up fuel as you do so allowing you to strafe left and right fast retreat back launch an assault and possibly do a double jump

these are just a couple of my ideas and would really see some of these being implemented =]
    JAZI.
  2. _itg

An anti-spotting ability just doesn't make thematic sense. What is it supposed to be, some kind of long-range mind control device? In any case, the devs have (rightly) stated that an anti-spotting ability would be problematic because players would assume it was a bug.

I can agree that the light assault could use some kind of buff, and like most people, you're suggesting ways to make the LA better at what it already does well. I don't really think that's the right approach, though. The LA is already quite good at using the jetpack to flank, and things that help them do that better won't solve the basic problem, which is that flanking just isn't always possible. Infiltrators run into the same issue, but their recon tools make at least one infiltrator per squad mandatory, and the infiltrator has more unique weapons which may give you a reason to play it over other classes.

Maybe the buff the LAs need is a "hover jetpack." the idea here is to make a jetpack to use in active combat, rather than a tool to reach unexpected places. This jetpack would allow you to maintain your altitude but not gain height (or maybe gain height very slowly). It would have extreme maneuverability but low top speed. But most importantly, it would allow mid-air ADS with only a low accuracy penalty. My hope is that this jetpack would give LAs a place in crowded combat by letting them fire over the heads of friendly heavies and make more use of the vertical space inside a room.
  3. iller

**** no. ....unless Infiltrators can ignore it. Spottng is basically the only role besides the Longshot that hasn't been taken from us yet or isn't totally effing useless now like termhacking became