Dev interview 11/28 2:15 PM

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dornez, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Dornez

Anyone have notes or a link to a recording?
  2. VoidMagic

yar... need to hear about the upcoming changes... kbump!
  3. Trof

Look at the SOE Post about the Dev interviews located at the top of these forums. Inside that posting are the links to the interviews...
  4. Dornez

Those are links to the live streams. One said interview happened yesterday, where is the recording?
  5. Rahabib

6. Trollcifer

Cliffs notes anyone?
  7. StrangerDanger

1) Will exp be continent based instead of server? Probably going to change it to be continent based.

2) Will resources gained go back to being global? No.

3) What classes need the most love and have the most features coming? All of them, but especially the Light Assault and close second the MAX.

4) Sticky grenades for Light Assault? Probably not. We are thinking of designing the Light Assault to be more of a lone wolf player/1v1 assassin. We are thinking of making them have ammo scavenging tools. Like gaining ammo after each kill.

5) Will the Light Assault get recon tools like real light infantry? We've thought about that a lot, but right now, all the new recon tools are going to go to the infiltrator, like spotting for artillery (he might be referring to orbital strike).

6) Will Maxes be able to spec to be tankier but lower DPS? Probably, or other interesting customization options.

7) Will the other factions' tanks be brought down to match the prowler's weak level? No. We are going to buff the prowler.

8) What faction's guns are the weakest? NC, by a considerable amount (there was a chance he was being sarcastic).

9) Will there be camo bundles so we can just buy one camo and apply it to everything? In the future, yes.

10) Will the mission system allow for specific missions like "overload this generator." Yes. It will have broad and specific mission capabilities. There will be rewards for completing missions, but not necessarily cert rewards.

11) Will mission system objectives have distance and direction markers on the screen to guide new players?
    Higby didn't actually answer this one, but someone else in the room (not affiliated with SOE) laughed it off saying it is a noobie idea and a clone of Halo UI. Hi gby didn't respond.

12) Will Auraxium be coming back? Maybe. Or maybe something similar. There will be big changes coming to resources in the future. No ETA.

13) Will other classes besides HA and MAXes be able to deal with vehicles? Yes. We will add tools so that more classes can deal with vehicles.

14) Will infantry be able to deal with liberators? Yes. Right now only air can kill liberators effectively. We want to add tools to allow infantry to stay infantry and still be able to combat libs.

15) Will there be larger group units than the platoon? Yes. No ETA.

16) Will commanders be able to draw on the map? That feature was built into the game, but not ready.
    Thanks a bunch Higby! Beef Noodles

This was copied and pasted from that link where the guy copied and pasted it from reddit, answers underlined. Enjoy.
    • Up x 1
  8. Trof

You can find the recordings at the same links as the live streams...
  9. Gavyne

10. Deathrus

I liked the Platoon squad stuff as well as LA and missions.
  11. Warruz

I dont even remember hearing that, he said NC are slightly behind the rest however they arnt going to make sweeping changes just minor ones.

Also another thing missed was talking about adding color blind support
  12. Gavyne

Correct, he said they have the internal data that show the stats of these weapons between factions being much closer than people think. Something about NC weapon accuracy is its weakness, but in exchange they hurt more, paraphrasing here based on what he said in the video interview.

Tweaks will go in, but they favor small tweaks over sweeping changes like many other MMO's do. Which to that I agree with. It's much better for them to make small tweaks rather than do some large twitch changes that mess things up even more.

Just look at most posts, they are more about "such & such need to be buffed up" rather than "such & such need nerfed". That should tell you they have it done right, because it's better to have something underpowered rather than overpowered. Because if something's overpowered and they have to go nerf them, people get really angry. If something's underpowered, they buff them later, people can only get happier.
  13. StrangerDanger

My thoughts are the real differences are in the un-upgraded starter weapons. I think once you fully modify ect the weapons are fractionally different. Ive been told that TR weapons are garbage compared to NC ad vice versa...leads me to believe its too close to call and its mostly peoples pre-determined opinion on the matter.
  14. Gammit

I hope this is accurate. I know several players who have requested this.
  15. BengalTiger

So, infantry gets to kill Liberators, but no mention of the Skyguard which is currently obsolete. It gives an impression that the 700 SC people spent on it was just a way of SOE getting away with the money...

With resource gaining staying local, it makes more sense to bail out on a continent that's falling to have more stuff on the one that's getting conquered anyway instead of going on a defensive battle. This pretty much wrecks the fun in the long run.

The Prowler will get buffed, even though it ain't bad given its Lightning-like mobility, very small turret with guns mounted on the highest point making it very good in hull down positions and the giving it the ability to engage in combat and disengage freely- the first of which the Mag can't really do, the second of which the Vanny is limited at.
    Guess that Planetside 2 is getting its T-54 equivalent from World of Tanks, a tank everyone could use with ease that becomes nearly unstoppable when in the right hands (a Lightning with the 100 mm gun is a very hard target, even though it probably has only half the armor of a Prowler and no secondary weapon).

The LA won't have to resupply as much anymore making Sundies and engineer ammo pods a bit less useful...

Anyone else have a feeling these changes aren't those that are really needed right now, while the more useful ones are either ETA: unknown or "noobie ideas"?

P.S. What's continent based EXP? Is it what I think it is, where someone will be stuck to a continent for weeks to grind for a cool toy?