Detection range

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MikeyGeeMan, Sep 11, 2015.

1. MikeyGeeMan

I'm looking through the weapon stats and spot checked the betel and the t1 unity.

Both have listed detection ranges of 75 m. While default weapons are 40-45m

Is this right?
  2. FateJH

What's a detection range?
    • Up x 1
  3. BlueSkies

Going to guess its the range at which you are autodetected on the minimap when you use your weapon
  4. Raysen

Maybe the distance at which you show up on the minimap if firing?
  5. MikeyGeeMan

Silly people. Ie using a compensator increases the range at which you show up.

So using the orion, you show up to all enemies within 45m.

When using a betel you show up on everyone's mini within 75 m.

So directive weapons make you easier to spot and kill based on detection range. That doesn't seem right.
  6. WeRelic

Depends on how far the detection range of the Orion is with a compensator. If it's 75+m, then it's perfectly in line with the BG, which (correct me if I'm wrong) is just an Orion with builtin attachments, namely a builtin compensator.

If the range for the BG is the same or less than an Orion with a compensator, I'd say it's perfectly in line, as long as it's not greater than.
  7. MikeyGeeMan

So why is this the same ?

http://planetstats.net/14,1904

The t1a unity has a detection range of 75m with a pre installed forward grip and sp ammo

That doesn't make sense. Detection range should be 45m.
  8. MikeyGeeMan

The gauss and gauss prime are set correctly. As is the darkstar and pulsar. The tr weapon needs to be fixed.