Detailed MAX Anti-Vehicle Info

Discussion in 'MAX' started by StormFrog, Jan 8, 2013.

1. StormFrog

2. gilrad

Neat info

I am a bit glad to see 750 on falcons. That means, against an uncerted enemy, a splash and direct hit is a kill. Against a fully certed enemy with flak, you just barely hit the 1500 effective health he would have (500 shields, plus 500 health at 50% reduction making it 1000).

Seeing the pounder stats makes me glad I am not Terran.
    • Up x 1
  3. Glowcat

Terran? Look at the poor Comet.
  4. Frosty The Pyro

the comet has 0 gravity, that means its a perfictly strait shot every time. that is a very good thing. Also a signifigantly shorter fire cycle than falcon, giving it a higher dps, the commet is excelent

Also as it wasnt listed
    DPS
    Pounder 333
    Falcon 277
    Comet 282

pounder also comes heavily ahead in indirect dps. Though the pounder has more gravity and less velocity, which results in harder shots at range.
  5. NightFall

Thank you for proving the NC's are as balanced as any other faction
    *sarcasm*

NC OP
  6. Glowcat

Straight shot with 75% the velocity of the Falcon which is by no means hard to shoot with.. Refire time is fine but whenever I pull out an AV MAX I don't intend to enter a slugfest with tanks, I do hit an runs. Thus it's kinda meaningless and I'll take my dual Falcons anyday if I'm forced to run AV MAX. But truth be told... would probably just run Heavy Assault when popping tanks as infantry.
  7. Qaz

the pounder does outclass both the comet and falcon. whenever i get the comets out, they feel a bit lackluster. damage just isnt very good at all. kind of the sustained vs burst debate again, where the burst firers can get out of cover to shoot, reload in cover and repeat, while sustained has to stay out and remain under fire.
  8. gilrad

I should clarify that I was looking at the stats in regards to their anti-infantry capabilities. Without a doubt, they are all quite good at anti-vehicle. Even a single AV gun is enough to scare off most MBTs, and duals are good enough to kill them If you catch them off-guard or if you are supporting others.

As far as alpha strike damage versus DPS, it all really matters about the circumstances of the encounter. While lots of front-loaded damage is good for hit-and-hide tactics, a Comet at a defensible position (such as a facility tower or wall) can get two salvos or more off before needing to get out of the line of fire.

Pounder though... Sucks to be them, as unloading multiple shots means you have a higher chance to miss, and hitting with every shot just means you have equaled the alpha damage of the Falcon, which had a much easier time hitting because of its faster velocity, lower arc, and the fact the enemy didn't have any time to react.
  9. Purg

I was running as LA earlier today and died several times when I was 100% health against a Comet in 1 volley. Only regen certed for quicker heal of shield. Looking at the stats, that doesn't appear to be possible..? Death screen showed 100% damage by Comet by the 1 person. I also only noticed one trail so it appeared that they were only wielding 1 Comet..? Do dual Comets leave two trails?
  10. Arcanum

Wouldn't be that bad if flak armor didn't halve splash damage. But then again people with maxed flak are rare.
  11. Intruder313

Thank you for misinterpreting the data (which fails to show DPS - which places the Pounder way ahead) and making yourself look like a child.
    The Pounder's significant DPS advantage is curtailed by it's increased gravity which itself can be offset by player aim.

I'd say the best overall here is the Comet for the usual reason: no gravity means easy aiming at anything beyond close range.
  12. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Many thanks for the expanding of the table to include AV.
  13. Triest

This is a dumb post. The most important factor in MAX anti-vehicular effectiveness is the ability to actually land hits. In this regard the Comet is far, far behind the Falcon, at least; I have no experience with the Pounder but I imagine it's also low profile. When the options are small grey grenades with a fairly transparent smoke trail versus giant blue glowing balls, the former is without question easier to land a hit with since the targets are unlikely to notice them at all. I use the Falcon heavily, and it's obvious it's a capable weapon system, whereas I never see anyone use Comets outside of guys defaulting to the one arm.
  14. Revorn

Great Data, thanks for the good work.

Pounders seems for me peronaly, incredible hard to land hits on longer Ranges. At least the grenades are not too easyly to spot, so i have some Time to calibrate the shot Angle, if the Target stands still.

All in all i have the feeling the Weapons are quite equal, each wich his own strengths and weakneses.
  15. MaxDamage

The pounders are ridiculously bad at range, as they were in PS1.

THAT'S WHY WE HAD ALTERNATE FIRE TIMED FUSES SO THE GRENADES COULD BOUNCE OFF FURTHER IF OUR AIM WAS TOO SHORT.

Please return alternate fire mode.
  16. Arcanum

I haven't actually tried using the pounder against vehicles after arc changes, but IMO as long as it doesn't force you to aim all the way up to hit it's fine. Are you actually trying to hunt vehicles with it? Having any success?
  17. Glowcat

This would make base fights much more interesting when pounders are bouncing off walls again. Could very well be that biolab advantage to compete with hacksaws.

*ignores the Vanu MAX crying in the corner about not even having G2A lock-ons, much less decent CQC options*
  18. Revorn

Not realy hunting them, i bring Tanks down more by accidents with the Pounders. At least it feels that way. I get more LIBS down with only one Burster, than Tanks with Dual Pounders, but even with all its Flaws, i like the Pounders. :)
  19. Lucidius134

Bump because great thread but hard to find.
  20. mindbomb

im still puzzled by a few things though. 2 falcons should do the same amount of damage as a crow rocket, right?
    but a crow will 2 shot an mbt from the rear, but it takes 6 falcon rounds?