[Suggestion] Destroyed terminals and turrets should be neutral.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lection, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Lection

IDK, but i find it weird that only the base controlling empire can repair these things.
    • Up x 1
  2. Govedo13

No. It is fine.
  3. Archiadus

No, I destroy them on purpose to prevent the enemy from hacking the terminals to spawn MAX units / vehicles behind us.
    • Up x 1
  4. Zotamedu

Good idea, lets remove even more of the reason for infiltrators to exist. We have already given everyone a sensor dart and now hacking. So the next step would be cloak I guess. I wouldn't mind switching my HA's shield for a cloak so I can uncloak behind someone and one shot them with a rocket launcher. Moar cheese and less class diversity!
  5. Outake

lol what? no1 said anything about giving anyone new class powers... what are you talking about?
  6. Ceiu

His post was a tad hyperbolic, but his concern is very real. Ideas like this (further) trivialize the roles provided by the infiltrator. Why bother bringing one if you can just be an engineer, destroy and then repair a terminal? Why bother bringing one for darts if you can just switch to your crossbow and fire a few off for free? The only thing they'd have left is cloaking and sniping; both of which could be argued to be not all that useful.
  7. FateJH

The purpose for hacking has changed between games. PS1 hacking is about misdirection or gaining convenience; PS2 is as much about resource denial for the defenders.

In PS1, hacked Terminals weren't denied for the defenders. All hacking terminals did was allow attackers to use it for a set amount of time, then it had to be hacked again; however, at no point during that were the defenders not allowed to use the Terminal. (They also had no way of knowing when a Terminal was hacked.) You couldn't hack base turrets, but you could plant visues that caused them to attack allied vehicles for a set period of time in the same way they auto-fired on enemy Vehicles. That did not let the attacker "get into" it. Almost all base equipment behaved this way; only Vehicles and field turrets remained hacked permanently. Things with viruses tended to stay "with virus" until cleaned by an Expert Hacker.

Only allied forces could repair permanetly hacked equipment, because nanites, literally.

Base capture was the act of redirecting the flow of nanites from a node of one allegiance on the lattice to another of different allegiance and converting all of the bases's supply of nanites to the said other allegiance. Until then, all allegiances would eventually revert because of the nanites enabling it to work. When bases went neutral, things required hacking to use even for the "defenders" because it didn't recognize an owner anymore (though not having nanites also made equipment Terminals useless).
  8. Outake

cuz after the engineer repairs it the infiltrator would hack it to make it your teams? and i dont see how this is linked to radar darts
  9. Axehilt

They're repaired so quickly, I sorta think they should just be invincible, which would mean I'd never have to stop teammates from being terrible and killing them.
  10. Zotamedu

The original poster did. The ability to capture strategic points such as turrets and most vitally terminals is today limited to the infiltrator. It's one of few roles that the infiltrator is really useful for. It's that and sensor darts but as I said, the crossbow can handle that reasonable. Except those two abilities. The infiltrator is a gimmicky class that isn't very useful. A lot of serious squad leaders don't want infiltrators in the squads because they are not that effective at taking bases once everything has been hacked. They want heavies, medics, engineers and a MAX or two. So effectively making hacking useless, why would anyone use infiltrators? An engineer with a crossbow could do basically the same thing but with the added bonus of better weapons and the ability to drop ammo and turrets.