Desktop Crash After A Few Minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Thizz, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Thizz

Hey there, I'm really pumped about this game and wanted to be playing on launch day. Unfortunately PS2 crashes after only a few minutes of playing. It'll freeze, lockup, then I have to alt-tab or wait till it brings up the "Planetside2.exe has stopped working" error message. I just got a new rig that is above/about the optimal system specs for PS2.

Here's the event info.

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50ab960e
    Faulting module name: d3dx9_43.dll, version: 9.29.952.3111, time stamp: 0x4bf7318d
    Exception code: 0xc000001d
    Fault offset: 0x000edff4
    Faulting process id: 0x1eac
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdc7ccc2a40b4c
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3dx9_43.dll
    Report Id: cb5c0986-33c0-11e2-be6b-50465d664cb9
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Anyone got a fix for this? Looked around but all the fixes are for the D8INPUT.dll file. Thanks in advance.
  2. Thizz

3. Metallideth

Not running it through steam, but first thing comes to mind is to validate the files through steam. Also make sure nothing is blocking planetside 2 communication, because after a while of being logged in and playing I noticed it asks for permission again to communicate with the internet. If I let the firewall block it for x amount of time and don't click approve, the game will halt and I'll have to force close it or it will crash.
  4. Thizz

Double checking that, although when I verify it from the launcher it says all game files are intact. Tried to verify game cache through steam before was saying a few files could not be validated and that it would DL them but I saw no downloading happening. Don't think it's a blockage issue, have my firewall and antivirus disabled for the time being while I troubleshoot (and I've had UAC disabled from the get-go). So how would I not run it through steam? Transfer the game files outside of the steamfolders? Delete then reDL from standalone source? Thanks for the response.
  5. Propovednik

Same bug here, may be problems that my system is 32x? I have 4 gb RAM but Windows 7 only 32x, thats what version I get and dont wanna bought new one 64x. I have problem like that in one MMOFPS befor, and it was because of 32x, it crashed too. Any chance that it will be fixed? I wanna play this game, but if it will crush like that then meh.....
  6. Thizz

I'm running Windows 8 64bit. I have 8gb RAM, HD 7950, and a 20meg connection. Shouldn't be a problem. I'm gonna try running it in Windows 7 compatibility mode and see what happens. I'll be back in a few to post results. If anyone else has a fix or a theory post it still, I'm not really confident this is gonna work.
  7. Thizz

Bump for fix please.
  8. Thizz

Changing compatibility did nothing. Any ideas?
  9. seannewboy

Add me to the list for this problem.
  10. TheClosetGeek

Sadly this is nothing new.

The beta was plagued with a chronic CTD that sadly wasn't fixed before launch.

In beta I was hit with it and apparently now I am crashing every 10-12 minutes too.

And who does it affect? Everyone. AMD, Intel, 32 bit, 64 bit, low system, high end system Windows Vista, 7, 8. It doesn't matter. 2 people can have identical set ups and one will crash and the other never will.

When does it hit? Whenever it feels like. Walking, flying, fighting, shopping at the depot.

I was hoping that this was the one thing that would have been fixed before launch, seeing that it affected such a large group of players :(
    • Up x 1
  11. Thizz

Verifying game cache again, says only a few files can't be validated, download them, play for a minute, crash, go back to steam, verify, download, play, crash, rinse, wash, repeat. Jesus christ this is infuriating. I got to play for like 10 minutes last time, started to really have fun crusin around blastin people with the aerial cannon... get triple kill, BAM freeze up then "Planetside2.exe has stopped working..."
  12. Thizz

Hrm... I mean there has to be a reason for this. Shouldn't this have been their main priority before releasing this massive phuckin' game? Or are the bugs too small of a problem to care about when the cash shop is rakin' in tons of dosh? I'll buy **** eventually (I guess), if I can even get the game to play.
  13. Winterino

Same for me. Although i never experienced this during Beta, but since launch i can play for 10 minutes maximum, usually 3-4 minutes before having the game freeze, then wait for the inevitable "planetside 2 has stopped working" error. I know the devs must be working on it but at least we're not alone!
  14. Thizz

Lets keep this bumped so hopefully it gets some attention and fuhrer willing we'll get a fix. BAMP.
  15. DrTurkey

Add me to the unending woes. I got a pretty powerful rig (i7, 8gram, HD7950, latest drivers and so on) Crash, after chrash, after crash. I tried fiddling with all possible preferences, from game graphics to my own HD7959 voltages and so on. It's sad, and frustrating.

It's also launch week, so... I'm willing to give them some slack. But yeah, bump this.
  16. praetorg

This has to be priority number one or they will be bleeding potential customers fast. This is what betas are for. I'm almost ready to uninstall this and never look back.

Shame, this game appears to have potential but I can't confirm that without being able to play for more than 3 minutes.
  17. SamosGisor

I just want to confirm that I have the same problem. Personally, I will only consider spending money for this game once I can play more than a few minutes at a time.
  18. Czdwarf

Same problem here :-(
  19. firenight5

Hello there,

I get about 10 minutes of gameplay as well, if I am running no background applications, not in a squad, and no other applications are running. If I am running teamspeak, and not in a squad, I get about 8 minutes of gameplay. If I am running teamspeak and am in a squad, I get <5 minutes of gameplay. Also curious if anyone has a solution. I have tried validating game assets, running as administrator, disabling firewall/antivirus, and restarting my computer, but nothing has worked thus far. I have recommended computer specs for this game, but have had this problem since before the Amerish beta patch. As a side note: I have even tried just standing idle at the warpgate, but I still have crashes. I also run the game at about 80 fps during a big battle, 110 fps at warpgate.

Specs:
    Intel quad core i5 2500 (sandy bridge)
    GeForce GTX 560 ti (latest beta drivers)
    8gbs of RAM
    Windows 7 64 bit
  20. tektronic

same problem. strangely beta worked just fine for me.