DesiVS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ACE79, Mar 25, 2017.

1. stalkish

No idea on thread topic, but i will say, most 'professionals' get paid for their work, or at least its their full time occupation, hence the term professional.
    Presumably these 'pro' players for CS and quake also get paid to develop those skills.
    Correct me if im wrong, but no1 gets paid to develop their PS2 skills in order to win tournaments.

So its kinda hard for me to accept that people will acheive the same levels as paid professionals.
    For examples of what i mean look at every sport ever, as soon as enough money comes in to allow actual professionals, the abilities and skill levels go through the roof, as they should do if some1 dedicates their entire time to their chosen activity.
    Just look at darts, 20 yrs ago throwing 100 average in a match was considered top notch, nowadays with the levels of pay and amount of professionals in the sport, if you throw less than 100 average your considered to have had a bad match.

Like i said, dont know the OP, or the complaintee.
  2. PanzerGoddess

"Presumably these 'pro' players for CS and quake also get paid to develop those skills."

......did I just read that right, I don't ever recall getting paid to play back in the day myself during 1.6....maybe I was lied to the whole time! Lol, Develop skills no, more like refine them, we didn't get paid but we had big sponsors that paid for travel, etc and that was incentive enough to refine our skills and so forth, skills were developed individually through time or just pure luck, this is just my opinion. ooooo the days of cpl....sigh....now Im old, don't give a hoot and grief....er I mean troll...er I mean just have fun when I can :D
  3. Towie

Unfortunately it looks like someone has found a way around the pack check, so we'll see some associated shenanigans until DBG close the loop (ie. radar, hitbox, movement...)

I quote:
    "ALWAYS use altrenative accounts to perform first test, when testing new mods, even if it's from me, from your grand-mama, or anyone else.

Once it's working as intended, do it on your real account.

This procedure should stick to any releted hacks, not only for games, but anything, web account, and else."

Sure there are plenty of good reasons for creating alts - but 'testing' is certainly one reason which adds to the hackusations, despite some people being genuinely god-like in their skills.
  4. stalkish

So you wernt a 'professional' then huh?
    Just in case your grasp of English isnt quite up there (no idea where you from)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional

If you wernt getting paid, you wernt a professional, sorry to burst your bubble....
    Just for reference:
    http://work.chron.com/salaries-pro-gamers-26166.html
    If no1 was getting paid 'back then' then no1 was a professional.
  5. DasAnfall

Why do people assume that you need to get paid to be motivated to do something well? Sure, if that's your job then you'll have more time to do it, but you can still facilitate improvement in your everyday casual play with the right mindset.
    • Up x 1
  6. Niamar

Those that cheat get work around's developed almost instantly.

dbg does a ban wave maybe once or twice a year, then they reverse the permenant bans, the temporary ban is lifted, or the player uses a new account. Then we have to wait until the new ban wave to get a hint of action against cheaters, and the cycle is repeated.
  7. Towie

Part of the problem is that we don't actually know what DBG are doing - on H1Z1 they were very vocal, aggressive even, and did a ban wave of many thousands overnight. PS2 - well - do you know anyone who has actually been banned forever ?

Don't get me wrong - I still say the volume of hackers has diminished to background level, but they still seem to be around :mad:
  8. PanzerGoddess

Apparently you were too young to even know what the CPL was then let alone how things worked back then.......lol, or Mid-West Gaming or the WCG back in 2001 when it was introduced in NYC for those for a chance to compete in Korea. But hey I spent 4 years traveling the US on someone elses dime playing video games, I didn't get paid to play but we had big sponsors paying for all our traveling, fees and so on, not many get to do that. But it's koo dawg, I know I got to do something great while....sadly I'm thinking you haven't lol

"If no1 was getting paid 'back then' then no1 was a professional" lol.......somehow I think you have no idea, kids these days. its ad revenues and payouts, that's where most of the money comes from lol, not an hourly wage.....and fyi there is a big difference from 2001 to 2017 lol. Go try to be a pro gamer lil feller, find out how much of your life you will miss, they don't just sit down play an hour or two a day and call it good lol.....

And guys like dasanfall have the right idea, being really good at something doesn't require getting paid for it lol, but reading posts from trolls like stalkish who have no idea comes with the territory. Dasanfall is motivated!

Feel free to troll more. :) Been there, done that, no matter what you say, neener neener neener!
  9. DasAnfall

It's my character, lol. So hard to be anonymous these days, although I made it easy with the outfit name.
  10. RobotNinja

Report is pretty much meaningless. You have another option. You can if you want report players directly here. It helps immensely if you have some sort of proof. Otherwise, it's pretty much the same as using Report in-game.

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us
  11. DasAnfall

Honestly, how many have you seen in the last, say, 100 hours of play? It depends on your server (Connery and Miller seem to have a higher percentage) but I've played on all and I've only seen at most 10, in over 2500 hours in game.
  12. RockPlanetSide2

Wasn't it the end of Feb that they implemented the instant short term ban for modifying the pack files (ie. hitbox) ? Repeatedly doing this results in a perma ban.

On a side note, some very well known (notoriously 'good') players who appeared often in this forum stopped playing end of Feb / beginning of March. Maybe they all got bored at the same time ?

This did 100% happen and its not joke, amazingly the montage scene went to garbage as well (not just because the game is old either).

Are there good players, sure, but most of the time they just have a better connection/computer than you do. I've personally seen people go from 2x to 5x KD ratios when they upgrade their GPU, it matters that much, especially in a game like PS2 that has such crappy frame rate if your computer is not up to par.
  13. RockPlanetSide2

The only time you should also be suspicious is when these high KD ratios are done with out Heavy Assault.

Its pretty easy to use an HA with the highly accurate NS15... guess why... everybody does it. You are just unkillable and you have a hyper accurate head shot weapon. It's pretty stupid.
  14. pnkdth

Yepp, my gaming computer decided it was going to sleep permanently. Now I'm playing on a gaming laptop which is way past its prime and I simply can't do the same things I used to on the proper gaming desktop computer. My accuracy went from 34-35% down to 28-29% and low frames also seem to affect bursting/full auto.

Feels kinda weird, to suddenly just be performing worse, like an athlete whose body suddenly can't keep up with the younger competition. :D
  15. RockPlanetSide2

I think a lot of "good players" also just don't understand that most of the time its not their skill that is rocking people, its just that those people are operating at .5 second behind them and they just can't win.

It really is an advantage and until you play on a LAN or on equal footing you just get a false sense of skill simply because you are on a fiberoptic/have a super maxed out gaming rig.

But, those are the woes of not playing on console.
  16. Towie

Very very few to be honest - and even then it's only a suspicion of something awry versus the blatant 'target snapping', 5 headshots a second, bunny-hopping and other impossibilities of the past.

As all the paid-for hacks are now dead, people are relying on other stuff that isn't as easy to spot but having said that, i'd suggest the number of hackers still on PS2 is very low indeed. As I said - background level. If someone is playing today, they are almost certainly legit.