Dervish resistance.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MotokoKHammond, Sep 25, 2021.

1. MotokoKHammond

Since the Dervish has very little air to ground presence compare to other planes, can we please get a buff to the Dervish's resistance against ground based damage types? Being such a huge vehicle with the biggest underneath profile bar the galaxy, the Dervish is a AA magnet. Often when flying in groups of 2,3 or even 4 other aircraft all the AA will focus down the Dervish first forcing it to fly away despite it only trying to do it's job which is Air to Air. When a Skygaurd hits you for instance the 3500 hp instantly feels like you might as well only have 1750 hp as they are hard pressed to miss you compared with even heavier planes like Liberators.

Not to mention if the Dervish got some resistance from ground based damage types it would finally have a way to actually participate in putting damage down on things like sunderer's without being shredded the moment they have a single ranger or walker. Bare in mind I am not asking for a buff to it's resistance in general IE Air to Air, while I think it needs some tweaking in that space, I am mainly focused on getting the ground based damage type resistances increased. IE Tanks, Flak, Lock-on Rockets, Heavy Machineguns & Infantry Small Arms.
    • Up x 1
  2. Exileant

o_O The Dervish has a huge A.G. presence. While they are larger, they have their own staggering benefits. For one thing, unlike all of the other faction E.S.F.s your large flat friend is dead silent. It has no engine noise to the enemy. I might be mistaken but that might also include After-burns. I have never heard one. The only hint that you will get that one is there is a faint sound of wind, and all of the other aircraft make the same sound, on top of their custom noise. ;) This makes enables it to sneak up on people, to a point. Yes it is wide, but it is encouraging you to play it in relation to how it looks. Massive downward facing fans on anything means it will work better low to the ground. :( High in the air, you stand out and cast a HUGE shadow when the sun is out. o_O The game changes however, when you are low to the ground. At eye level your friend is thinner than most Scythes, and depending on what you have, a rear sneak attack will spell the end for most things. :D The main benefit to flying very low in this is you become far less exposed when it comes A.A. ;) Flying just over a building or mountain range and then following the terrain slops will take you out of range of A.A. instantly whilst being a smaller target for them, as you are at eye level, and as you well know.... Super Thin. "Skimming" Fly it like a Skimmer until you encounter a large enough threat forces you to rise from the ground like the Cobra it is. o_O A Liberator is that threat. I would not be upset at a full 4000 Armor, but given it already shreds Liberators like paper and can inhale troops with its XE, I do not think it is necessary. Just stay way back, and sniper. If you are far enough away and do not spam your shots, you will confuse the crap out of people, and that is HILARIOUS!

:confused: Now I would KILL for the Missiles to Track other E.S.F.s better. It is not fair for the Pixie to fly passed them and MAYBE connect while their Coyote's tear you a new one. :D Either that or MORE SPEED!!!!
  3. MotokoKHammond

Lmao fly low and you would just get instantly deleted by any half decent tank driver xD once again your huffing paint, rambling on with your uber long sentences for no reason xD
  4. Exileant

:D That statement right there explains why you cannot fly your Dervish and by no stretch of the imagination anything with wings that this game offers. Comprehending what I type may take you a little more time, but I suggest you read the entire thing; you might learn something, especially when my tactics enable me to toy with with a Skylance long enough for my teams to take it out. ;) A regular tanks shell is nothing compared to one so I do not care if they are tanking PRODIGY, they will not be landing any shots unless they completely catch you off guard or have some sort of Mod going. :D Even then, it has to be a velocity booster. When you are as smart as I am, your sentences tend to lengthen. It is a side-effect of wisdom and brain growth. Too bad yours are so short, huh? Ha!

:confused: By the by, just because you refuse to learn something from what I type, it does not mean it was for no reason. Plenty of people will read, understand, and learn what they need to do in order to flourish. :) You very well might be a lost cause, but the rest of the forum is not.
  5. Exileant

(Double post error, Please remove)
  6. MotokoKHammond

Lol ok mr narcissist, how about you come over to Miller, and come fight me in a dervish and see who wins. my char name is MotokoHutt, add me there if you get around to being more then just a keyboard warrior.
  7. Exileant

;) I have ABSOLUTELY no issue AT ALL fighting you. ESPECIALLY in a Dervish versus a tank. I mean it is like you would be handing me objective progress, but you will have to come to Genudine. :( I do not have a computer account nor a proper setup to honestly handle anything on the P.C. Plus, given what I know about how easy it is to mod, hack, and cheat on P.C. I just refuse to even go there. It would be much easier for you to RENT or buy a cheap P.S.4/5 and download the game. It is free to play so you will not be out of pocket very much. Unlike me trying to buy a 2000 dollar computer that can actually handle Planetside.... Let me know, my characters are Exileant, for Vanu Sovereignty, and Anthropomorph, for N.S.O.

My P.S.N. is also Exileant, so send me a friends request and we will get things started. I live by 3 rules in life. Follow Christ as my only Lord; Do unto others as they would do unto you; and my personal favorite; Whip a GLASS, make a FRIEND.

o_O I make friends... Relentlessly.:D
  8. MotokoKHammond

Oh I see how it is, your not only another Console pleb.... but a coward & an idiot too boot xD. Make all your excuses like "ooo woe is me people on PC cheat and hack waaa waaa waa waaa" you just showed the world who you really are xD a no nothing console player who has no clue of the skill that PC players have lol.
  9. Exileant

o_O For the better part of 5 years, I have been screaming at the top of my lungs for you P.C. whiners to STOP CALLING FOR NERFS and ruining the game. You are point and click, and half your population STILL needs Third Party Tools to play, and you call Console users plebeians? Please. You just do not want to come into my backyard and get your glass kicked like you know you would. I put my skill on display in the video I made for this forum (3 of 3; which rests in my signature,) because just about everyone here was literally crying diamonds about the Harasser being too powerful and there was-- *Scoffs* "No way to beat it... So Over Powered...."
    :confused: There are entire 'places' DEDICATED to Cheating on Planetside 2 for P.C.. Console players are the closest you will ever get to playing with real skill. Shaking a Mouse back and forward on foot while sprinting to take advantage of completely unrealistic speed, agility and gravity nullification, in a game that depends on ballistics velocity, is a JOKE; just to then click on a soldier when they've ran out of ammo, is not skill.... It is Popup ad. closing.... Even so you have a few Keyboard and Mouse users here, so you have no excuse to come visit and get slaughtered. I would have to go out and buy a high-end computer, and everything else that comes with setting it up for gaming. I am not doing all of that when a P.S.4 can be rented for like 5 bucks a day, and are on sale now for like 99 bucks while the game is free to play and can easily be adapted to your style of play by adding either a Wired or Bluetooth K.B. & M. Simple logic. :cool: Seems to me like you are the Coward. No Overlays, and color filters here. No Mods to tweak and give you the edge you need. No key binding to make it easier for your misfiring single valve mind... Given all the advantages a P.C. offers, I am dumbstruck you cannot seem to fly one. Yet you want to try to kill me with a M.B.T. while I am in a Dervish.... Yeah.... You have all my information. Contact me when you grow a spine and stop it with the lip service. As the challenger, it is your job to come to me. :eek: Step up, or pipe down.
  10. VV4LL3

The Dervish has incredible low survivability. One shot by a Prowler, Liberator is very common, and simply out gunned and maneuvered by ESF is the status quo.
  11. OneShadowWarrior

The aircraft is pure garbage with no offense against air to ground, of course everyone is going to take pop shots.

A frame built off Liberator and Valkyrie. It’s no surprise they are flaming wrecks.
    • Up x 1
  12. Exileant

;) Double V, I definitely disagree with that. Nothing a Prowler has can do much more that make a Dervish mad with only one hit. It has too much armor. Survivability? Yes, it at the moment cannot easily deal with other fighters, (The Pixie needs a MUCH longer lock and more agile missiles) however, this thing is at the top of the list regarding E.S.F.s survivability. Having 3500 armor naturally means you have more than enough time to think about when you most likely need to bail out and let it go. o_O If I see, I am no where near my gate, and I have no where I can lead them that back-up cannot help me out, I get low and go as fast and far as I can to a base that has, A.A, and place I can pull either another or and A.N.T. Dive out, recall and finish them. :D Dying in one is pretty much optional if you play your cards right. I have been hit by a Skylance and still manage to save my ship. No standard E.S.F. can boast that, AT ALL with a face intact, much less straight.

:confused: And Shadow, it has A.G. defense. It is its offense.
  13. VV4LL3

Overall the Dervish's performance on almost all grounds underperform ESF's. Your experience is unique to you, and only you.
  14. Exileant

:D No, it is not unique to just me. Our experience is may be drastically differ between servers, but it is by no means unique to me. Right now I see no less than 4 go up with style, every start of a new island. This forum is but a hand-full of players that play, and they are ALL P.C. There are people like me on Genudine that will not fly anything else. (In spite of all of its MAJOR glitches, of which; nobody here EXCEPT ME has even bothered to address.) It is the answer to a ton of peoples prayers. o_O A fast flying Valkyrie that has a nose cannon controlled by the pilot. Again, the ONLY thing a Dervish needs to be competitive on the same level as a single E.S.F. to OTHER E.S.F.s is the Pixie to have twice the lock on range and more agile missiles. Or a dedicated A.A. weapon like a Hyena nose cannon, a Ranger nose cannon, or perhaps even a Skyguard. Something to get the ball rolling on damage when it comes to Standard E.S.F.s, since they can heal so fast.

:( Right now the Pixie has problems on Genudine. The launcher will at times fail to go into lock-on mode even if you are right behind them. The same goes for the Hummingbird within our Defectors. The only way to fix it is to Dumb-fire a Hummingbird round and it will then start targeting, however since the Pixie lacks a Dumb-fire, that will not work; so you are up a creak if you were spotted before you can get out of range and try again, because there is no way to fix unless you and your gunner get out and let it turn off..... :eek: A flipping Hard Reset for a pixilated plane and its weaponry. If that does not beat all.... Hahaha! There needs to be a button that turns the vehicles off and on again in a fraction of a second as if you both got out. My A.N.T. has a similar issue where. Some times when I get in, the Gunner pod will just start smoking and making a loud frying sound, similar to the Crystal harvester. This smoke blocks the sight of the gunner when you are standing still, is deafening, and will not stop until, get this... :confused: THE DRIVER gets out....
  15. MotokoKHammond

I started a new section in my signature, especially because of you :D now your stupidity will forever be memorialized :p
  16. Botji

Just wanted to say that doing this might not always fix it either, sometimes the 'owner' of the vehicle has to get into the turret and out again before someone else can get it to work.

Might be possible to do a in flight swap?
    Never tried it though(Pixie being the ultimate crap that it is so it doesnt see much use) but perhaps worth keeping in mind if it happens again.
  17. Exileant

o_O You forgot to add the rest of the quote, "--,and you call Console Players Plebeians?" There is plenty of room; or did you do that to try to make yourself look a little better for insulting console players?
    ;)Either way, you honor me. You will carry my name and words attached to you for all time. :D It is almost like you "Tramp Stamped" yourself, huh?:p :eek: PROCEED, and do so with my blessing. :cool: Spread truth typed through my fingers so that it may reach even the darkest corners and most vaulted minds of this place.
  18. Exileant

:confused: Thanks, I did not know it sometimes failed. It always has worked for me, but that in flight swap thing is a great idea. o_O I recommend you give Pixie a solid 2 weeks of play and try it on other frames. ;) Pixie is what I use to nail Liberators to walls. If I am not spotted it also takes out Fighters that are otherwise occupied far easier than trying to aim that rabid squirrel of a nose cannon. I am STILL struggling with it for smaller targets in high stress situations... In my frustration trying to nail a Infiltrator with the XE on a Drift frame up close, I leveled out and crushed him like some horrible turbine infused Flyswatter, after I ran out of the few rounds I had left. So, yeah, it works really well for that. You do have to drop kind of hard to push the gear in enough to get the squish, but it takes no damage. o_O So yeah, use your imagination there.