[Suggestion] Deployables, Weapon Swaps, Vehicle Weapon sights, and Utilities.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheChippewa, Jun 9, 2014.

1. TheChippewa

I love that planetside is using deployable items. It's definitely a step in the right direction to add a uniqueness to the game. I hope that it doesn't stop where it's at I'd love to see a deployable HA shield, Engi repair bubble, and a LA deployable jump pad.

I'd like to see more abilities across the classes that negates the main weapon much like the stalker cloak does for the infiltrator. Maybe something for the HA that increases resistances at the cost of the main weapon, for LA something that increases the amount of power the lift or drift jets give. I don't have any ideas really for the engineer or the medic.

I think all the vehicle weapons in the game should have choose able weapon sights. Just for an example ever want the halberds sights on your tanks main cannons to be able to better judge drops?

Finally the most lack luster part of the game for vehicles Utilities. Be nice to deploy some floating magnetized air mines for that esf that's chasing you. Lay down an oil slick or a 6 second smoke burst to be able to get away in that harasser.

But all in all it's a fantastic game and with a few things added there can be a uniqueness to everyone's play style with a few more options.

Oh as an after thought Optics for the max and heavy assault dumb fire rocket launchers.
    • Up x 1
  2. JKomm

For Engineer/Medic ideas it could be improved tools. For instance I wrote a thread a while ago about a heavy repair tool that removes your primary weapon(Like stalker does) but can also be used as a short ranged weapon. Its based off a concept model of a repair tool but not an exact copy in terms of usage.
  3. LordMatt XLVIII

1. Deployable items should be kept mostly for the engineer, but yeah, we do need more.

2. I love your jetpack Idea!

3. IR smoke is exactly the 6 second smoke burst you're looking for.