[Suggestion] Deployable Med Pack

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Obuw, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Obuw

I wonder why this hasn't made it in the game at launch. BF has it I think. :p

Deployable med pack, like the engineer ammo pack. Main purpose is to make healing less tedious. You put it down, people who need healing go patch themselves up instead of chasing after you yelling "I need a medic!" in a high pitched whiny kid voice. :p Would also help if you have a non-maxed out medtool.
    - Put it in the utility slot.
    - You place it down, it heals infantry around it, like a healing grenade.
    - Long duration, like an ammo pack.
    - I'd prefer if it was free to put down like the ammo pack, but I could live with a small resource cost. Perhaps 10 inf resources at first rank, dropping gradually to 0 resources at max rank?
    - To prevent possible abuse, either have a very low radius (1 meter?), or even make it so the person who needs healing needs to activate it manually and patch himself up (like using a restoration kit).

What do you think? Useless? Useful? Overpowered?
  2. Tyrianstrasz

With the current state of the game favoring large engagements with large numbers of people fighting, this sounds like it would be completely broken, simply drop a med-kit where there's a choke and go somewhere else to heal/rez. Medics are powerful as a support class as it is and the single target/F ability heals are some of the few limitations they have as to just how much they can heal in any given situation, a pack like this, even if you have to click it means that their healing potential spirals upwards exponentially.
  3. Wilee81

Yeah I think this would be a little OP. Maybe instead ranks could be added to the healing grenade to extend it's active time and range.
  4. starlinvf

Its unnecessary as the Medic class abilities include an AOE heal. Dedicated healing as an activity is pretty marginal, considering the mortality rate in situations where you took enough damage to lose shields is around 80%.
  5. phreec

I don't like it. I feel the Medic should always be present and actively healing instead of BF's "throw medpack into chokepoint, go shoot bad guys while XP rolls in for doing nothing" mechanic.
    • Up x 1