[Suggestion] defuse Mines

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by laziffer, May 16, 2013.

1. laziffer

I think engineers should be able to defuse mines. I'm always very annoyed if i see enemy tankmines under my sunderer and can't do anything about it, even if there is no enemy around to blow the mine up
  2. RealityWarrior

I agree. I think I saw Higby mentioning something about this once too.
  3. DirArtillerySupport

Friendly mines too...I often re-deploy and wish to have my mines returned to my inventory. Sucks when I see 3 fully loaded friendly gals drop on a location that makes my choke point useless. Things change quickly on the battlefield...and I'd like to take my mines and C4 with me.

You could even add a whole new cert tree item with many levels for defusing time.
    • Up x 1
  4. Acuta

Strongly disagree.

AT mines are a force multiplier. Taking away auto-destruct was enough nerf considering there is already a HARD COUNTER to AT mines in the game.

Cert Mineguard and blow em up on purpose, then repair.

AT mines used as a demolition charge already have a high risk/reward ratio...they really don't need dumbing down like everything else.

And no BS about being "unrealistic", AT mines have been used for demo/IED since at least WWII, if not before.
    • Up x 1
  5. ARTIFICIALDIFFICULTY

Yeah that's what we need, more tank mine nerfs. They're already the size of an extra large pizza, why stop now?
  6. RealityWarrior

I don't mind an enemy paying attention and removing my mines. Right now once they are placed the vehicle they are under has no defense what so ever and that is a bad thing. It should not be an auto death sentence. I like it being an active ability, unlike C4 magically disappearing on death. I would MUCH rather see something like this than Mines just disappearing when we die.
  7. Cirevam

The other day some guy put three tank mines under my parked Harasser. My squadmates and I noticed them, so I decided to figure out if I could slowly back the vehicle off the mines. No dice... as soon as I touched the throttle I exploded. It was funny but my options were to abandon my vehicle so it deconstructed eventually (no big deal, I was in a base) or detonate the mines so no one else would take the vehicle after I relinquished ownership of it. I did try "defusing" them with my repair tool but I couldn't get anything to work.

Once I had my repair tool push AT mines underneath a sunderer, but it may have just been lag or weird server antics. It would be nice if I could defuse them, with a chance to fail. Whether that failure would detonate the mines or prevent further defuse attempts would be up to the devs.
  8. Mogsy

yep a defuse option would good -- tool or a remote EOD bot???
  9. Aleyck

Maxed out Repair tools can defuse mines.
  10. Shahnaz

^
    Never tried, but that's what it says. Derp.
  11. RealityWarrior

I did try a few patches back and it did not work. Is this a recent change?
  12. laziffer

I just maxed out the repair tool (500 certs) and tried to defuse an enemy tankmine. did not work.

So, is the repairtool broken or is the info text which tells that the tool is able to defuse wrong/outdated and defusing isn't intended?

Edit:
    Ok, they have just adjusted the info text for the last phase of the repair tool. Now there is nothing about defusing left. So it seem defusing is not intended :(
  13. Dedsquirrl

The way I understand it, though I have never tried, is that EMP grenades will remove AT mines.

So if you got a friendly inf nearby, you may be able to save a mined out sundy.
  14. ArcKnight

I can see people agreeing to this only under one condition:

undo the pizza-fication and make them disappear again
  15. laziffer

Game Update 11: