decreased peformance getting ridiculous now

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by daddy86, Feb 21, 2013.

1. daddy86

When i started playing this at launch i had between 50 and 80fps.

Now we are a couple of updates further and my fps is between 10 and 50 !?

This latest patch did the most damage.

Im using a ati 5800hd and it runs at 45 degrees overclocked.
    It always says my cpu is bottlenecking the peformance and i understand that since i still got a i3 but game peformance is just poorer and poorer and i love this game to much just to quit but i cannot afford a 1500 euro spec right now just because 1 game is horrible at coding.

I have settings on high with shadow on low because when i play at low graphics my fps is actually lower lol.

I have read all these so called peformance enhancers but they are all just stupid and dont work.

Im getting desperate about this and i dread every new update because my fps just goes down and down with every patch.
  2. BenYeeHua

Try delete the UserOptions.ini?
  3. daddy86

lol why would that help, delete my user preferences so the game can make a new file will not increase peformance. ? .
  4. BenYeeHua

I don't know, but many people getting back the performance by delete it, and copy back the setting.
    Maybe there are some hidden cache we don't know to speed up the loading screen.;)
  5. Kylln

This is a valid fix for alot of people... you would be surprised what helps this game. After a month of trying to play everything on minimized settings, and saying things like the faster computers are having more problems and being made fun of in these forums , it is coming out that overclocked systems are having problems. My dual core system ran it better at release, i upgraded to an i7 and it ran beautifully for 2 weeks, then the 1.22.2013 patch hit and performance went to hell, and has gotten worse with every patch. The stuttering, warping, syncing issues. I actually found it better to slow the cpu down, turn on the highest settings to slow the game down and keep in sync with SOE's slower computers. I also found that when I started to have issues, I would reboot the computer and I would get stopped at the bios loading screen with an error message stating that my cpu was overheating. PS2 is the only thing that overheats my CPU, to combat this I slowed down the processing speed and opened the side of my case and have a 2'x2' box fan blowing into my computer to help keep it cool.. at any rate, there's lots of threads about what people are doing to combat problems, and yes, deleting some file like the ini, planetside2.exe etc and having the launchpad restore files, have been official fixes released by SOE.
  6. BenYeeHua

Yes, I just debug a person that having Not Responding issues.
    You know what I found?
    I found this
    The wow64exts extension must be loaded to access 32-bit state.
    .load wow64exts will do this if you haven't loaded it already.
    And Google about it.
    https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528507
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Fix-...-Dump-Files-when-Using-Intel-AVX-201704.shtml
    Aha!
    AVX!!!
    I think they are using the newest Instruction Set for PlanetSide2!
    That why it making so many load for CPU, as a overclocker, we know AVX is using for converting and IBT to testing the stability when overclocking, and many processor has failed the test.
    ----
    And about the new patch, I think they has restore the effect back to before the GU02 patch, that why we has a increased FPS.