Decisions, decisions....

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Get2dachoppa, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Get2dachoppa

So I want a new toy to play with but being the indecisive person that I am, I can't decide. What I'm considering:

Vandal - I'll need it eventually anyway as I pursue the Infiltrator auraxium challenge and everything I've heard about it sounds great.

Underboss - Already have the Commissioner and I really like it. I'm wondering how this weapon would fare as my "anti-Stalker" sidearm.

Crossbow - For silent killer stalker cloak use. Just seems like a fun alternative play style.

Forumside, I ask for your assistance! Help me decide!
  2. K2k4

I'd say get the crossbow. Really it's the most innovative new weapon out there right now.

I got the underboss and pretty much haven't used it, mainly because the commissioner just 'feels' better for me, and for stealth loadouts the crossbow or the repeater is better.

I'm not a person who has explored SASR's yet, so I cannot reccomend the vandal, but Wrel and some other video maker people have said it's a real beast of a SASR. If SASR's are your thing, then go for it. If you want to do stalker cloak stuff though, Crossbow it up.
  3. M2_Bradley

Vandal seems alright from the statistics side...And I even enjoyed killing peeps on the PTS with it.Unfortunately I just think it's an ugly weapon.So I doubt I'll buy it on the live server.
  4. Rafutela

I have those 3.

Underboss is great for his rate of fire but it's really a matter of personnal preference (try it with the 30mn trial).

Crossbow is really nice, silenced and great dommage, perfectly designed for stalker cloak (unless you are TR infiltrator, those bastard got the repeater grrr) but the drop is really heavy past 40m.

Finally the Vandal, THIS is a beast when you try it and get used to it. THIS is the ultimate flanking weapon. THIS IS VANDAAAAAAAL
  5. Get2dachoppa

I went ahead and got the crossbow to mix it up with the stalker and its both fun and frustrating. The aim/drop seems...inconsistent. Also, is there only a 1.5x headshot multiplier on this weapon? I'm pretty sure I've landed headshots on people only to have them live and either run away or turn and shoot me. Just now I flanked a heavy, put a headshot into him at <15m (positive, heard the clunk noise). He turned and popped the "i win" shield while I rechambered. Put another shot into him at point blank but then I was gunned down and he was still alive with a sliver of health left. Unreal. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  6. Souleater

Crossbow is working as intended. it will only OHK INFs.

You need to either hit the enemy with an EMP grenade before hand or be close enough to stab them if you attack up close.

Otherwise be somewhere they don't immediately see you. Up a tree, on a ledge behind a crate.

The crossbow requires some alteration to your mindset to get working. I advise you to check out the xbow vids in this subforum. It seems to be a challenging weapon but folks who have mastered it seem to have gotten no little satisfaction from doing so.

The correct answer was 'Vandal' which is hella fun!
  7. ShinBreaker

From a person who already bought the Heartstring(the xbow), vandel, and underboss. I would say. I use the Vandel and Heartstring mostly
    The vandal only if you are shooting at mid-range, so neither cqc or long-range.
    I never really used my underboss though.
    My heartstring works for all classes, so I mostly use it for my engineer, for infinite reconing bases... and for stalker cloak.
  8. Souleater

You can also equip your Crossbow with Explosive bolts. Two C4 and a Explosive Bolt kills a stock Sundy. Handy for Medics, LAs, etc.
  9. Tanchester

It all depends on what you really expect to do. I see a lot of people simply pushing some loadouts even tho the situation is not right for that kind of strategy. I mean, everything you put there is good, but not great. All of those (Vandal, Underboss, Crossbow) weapons are just 'the 2nd choice' for me at least, I'd rather choose the Phantom over the Vandal, the Commissioner over the Underboss and simply anything but the Crossbow. I know that you want to Auraxium everything, and if that's your goal, then just go ahead and buy all three of those weapons and roll with it until you get the medals.

My opinion is that if you want to have fun, just find a loadout that works good for you (doesn't necessarily have to be a new weapon) and go with it. I have over 5000 kills with the PDW and I still use it as my primary. It just gives me the versatility I need.

Anyway, hopefully anything I said was useful.

In the end, it's just about having fun!
  10. Rift23

Buy Stalker to go with your commissioner and troll people.
  11. dudethe82

Do NOT buy the crossbow, it is a complete gimmick, highly overrated and a one trick pony...ie 1 on 1 and close quarters only and the enemy has his back turned to you in knife range. Thats about it. My TX-Repeater does a MUCH better job and it was free. Don't make the same mistake I did, buy the vandal hands down.
  12. dudethe82

Well just read your post and guess I was too late. You made the same mistake I did, now if there was only a way to get 1000 certs back.
  13. Biddion

The crossbow is one of the most fun weapons for me. Paired with stalker cloaking it is great for patrolling the perimeter of a base, taking out snipers, engineers on turrets, heavys aming down sight and tankers who pop out to repair (one bolt and knife for the later or they will enter their tank before the second shot hits). I recommend the 4x scope with chevrons (to help you better judge distance) and keeping enemies between 30-70 meters. Use the slower bullet speed to your advantage. Firing your second shot as soon as possible and most target won't be able to react to the first soon enough. Aim for the head to negate nanoweave armor or follow up with a third shot at your risk.

You should get kill streaks around bases like crossroads that take ten or more minutes. Just hide in bushes or behind rocks, limiting your exposure, and make sure no one else is behind you.
  14. Get2dachoppa

So I've been noticing. I was wondering how that's possible looking at the numbers. Stats state the crossbow does 650 damage at <35m. So if the headshot multiplier is 1.5 that would be 975 damage. Infiltrators dead, all other classes barely alive. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure if that is the case with this weapon?

Oh don't worry, I do intend the buy the Vandal and I'm saving my certs for it. I don't mind the crossbow being kind of gimmicky as I was looking for something to mix up my usual playstyle. I spent the better part of a half hour sitting in the middle of an NC zerg over the weekend picking off the occasional player, chatting with them, and the occasional voice call out just so they knew I was around. Was rather amusing for a change of pace. Oddly enough, it was a TR that finally killed me in the middle of all those NC. First time I've been killed by the TRAP too!
  15. Nanomorph

Phaseshift if you want a real challenge.

That thing is so hard to use but so rewarding to win with.
  16. Get2dachoppa

Already have it with 225+ kills. My accuracy with it is starting to get a little better but I still wish the semi-auto firing gets a small buff.
  17. Nanomorph

It needs access to swayless scopes, that would at least balance the high risk of its mechanics.
  18. Mustarde

The crossbow is a special beast, but once mastered, it will treat you well.

That being said, the Vandal is more of a flanky rambo weapon :)

The underboss is actually really nice for stalker.
  19. yeHHH1g

You will find the Vandal more useful as it is the only primary weapon you listed so by default you will be getting more kills with it. That being said, I would recommend the underboss. Slap a laser sight on it obviously and it is a beast, the faster rof compared to the regular commissioner has saved my *** countless times.
  20. Moz

I have the commissioner and he underboss and wish that I didn't buy either.....They are both worse than the mag shot.

Get the crossbow.