Decieving valkyrie's radar?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Moonheart, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Moonheart

I had a bad experience tonight were a small group of ennemy players litteraly trampled on my corpse in chain.

After some talk about it with them, it appear that they had a Valkyrie with a radar hovering above and that the radar actually shows everything that move in its range. I mean everything: including cloacked stalker that move crouched.

I have no clue of how survive in such a circumstance. I mean: are we supposed to flee any fight where a Valkyrie appears? This detection sounds completly overpowered against us... we cannot survive if we appear on a radar as soon as we make a step forward.
  2. Kopulator

This is why you equip sensor shield...it is the only reliable protection against it. However, Valk radar doesn't accurately show the location of enemies in the spawn room...often showing them in the opposite side of the rectangular room.
  3. Moonheart

Is it only possible to keep up with the energy consumption of this without cash?
  4. Kopulator

Yes...However, what I found is that if I switch classes...the energy keeps going for the other implants slotted for the classes I'm not using. So what I do is I unslot my implant, then switch to engineer and use an implant there...once I switch back...I unslot the implant for engineer and slot the one for the infiltrator build I'm using. I've found this minimizes energy output. Also, I don't always slot sensor shield, as it's not always needed. Sometimes I slot hold breath (for sniping) and regen for stalker or CQC.