[Suggestion] Death Screen Animations.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DorianOmega, Jul 31, 2014.

1. DorianOmega

Funny or Serious taunts and unique animations that can be added to the death screen via purchase examples could be giving a wave to the enemy you killed, give a dance, a salute, blow a kiss at your enemy, give a thumbs up, taunt like your laughing or fake crying, do a cool weapon animation, maybe depict your character smoking a cigar and enjoying a drag, something to lighten the blow or enrage all that oppose you.

Would be a nice little touch worth some dollars if you ask me.
    • Up x 1
  2. JohnShrapnel

I was thinking about this myself recently, the character shown when someone kills you could be treated as a type of signature or calling card. On Emerald it is quite common for VS players to refer to the faction as the Ginyu Force, so I was thinking more along the lines of silly anime poses. But props and such could add even more variety and add to the depths of Player Studio. I'd love to have my avatar offering a present with a note saying "definitely not a bomb".

I think it could very well help to differentiate people, did the player who just killed me ever kill me before? The hell if I know, I rarely pay attention to names, but I might if they had a unforgettable avatar. I don't communicate with anyone in game really aside from being called a n00b once by someone I took out, and one instance of an opponent who beat me in a 1v1 ESF fight and I chatting briefly about how it was a good fight. Beyond not communicating with allies or opponents I don't really focus on who I am fighting against. So many players, so many battles, everyone is rather anonymous. Unless they're a live streamer/youtuber or active in the community or some such most players go by unnoticed. Plus with customization improving in some areas but lacking in others at least being able to customize the avatar defeated foes see could illustrate some of the personality of those you're playing with albeit ... against.

Plus you could have situational avatars for instances one that only shows if you TK someone, which expresses your regret, or for some out there I'm sure rubbing it in. Awesome idea though, I'd love to see it.
    • Up x 1
  3. ColonelChingles

I just wish that if I killed someone in a vehicle I could have a purchasable option to have my character sitting on top of my tank or something. What's the point in dressing up my tanker if all the enemy sees on their death screen is the outside of my tank?
  4. M2_Bradley

pole dance for female Vanu infiltrators.Do it SOE.I'm counting on you.
  5. ColonelChingles

I suspect the KDRs of female VS Infiltrators would rise after this implementation. ;)
    • Up x 1
  6. Arsonix

Yes because we definitely need more useless immature crap that breaks any immersion this 24/7 battlefield was trying to create. Use your imagination kids, it's free.
  7. DorianOmega

Well considering in PS1 you could wave to players, why not at least add that? Doesn't have to be serious try-hard 100% of the time, people get bored you know.
  8. starlinvf

Theres major difference between emotes during a live interaction verses a gesture on a kills screen. The entire point of concept is to infuriate and further humiliate an opponent...... This can be fun depending on the mood of the game. Getting a kill cam taunt on TF2 wasn't just difficult, it added a lot of flair with the context of the game. But the same thing in quake or COD only serves to taunt the player, making already marginally socially destructive competitive environment that much more socially destructive.

As far as PS2 is concerned, the kill cam is largely a distraction in light of the player's thought processes during respawn. The latest version on the Test server is "Forcing" you sit there for a few seconds before you are "allowed" to work on your respawn options. I think they are trying to further reinforce the score graph's arbitrary importance, by forcing you to take notice of it before moving on.

And they will eventually do this, because players will pay money to make other players feel inferior.
  9. DorianOmega

so your saying this player base is too immature to handle it, got it.