Death of the K/D

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pella, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Pella

This is currently on the test server along with allot of other good changes.

Frankly i am all for them implementing.

Edit. Just seen the other thread. But a video helps :p
    • Up x 7
  2. NinjaTurtle

This ******* stupid.

This is just a way to pad K/D and makes it even more meaningless.

If you died you died, reviving doesn't change the preceding event

You may as well take deaths out of the game altogether because when you re spawn in a tube you are being revived right?
    • Up x 5
  3. DashRendar

I had a KD over 1 before it was cool.

*hipster glasses*
    • Up x 6
  4. Mythicrose12

Feeling 22? :eek::D
  5. Ash87

I find it funny, because now KDR is truly meaningless. People in high zerg areas will have High KDRs because of the number of medics wandering around.

This means that "Good" players who love KDR will have more trouble distinguishing themselves from people who run around in zergs with a shotty. Which is just wonderfully tragic.

Me, I'm a crappy player.
    • Up x 3
  6. Pella

Thing is guy's this renders K/D Worthless as a stat to show how "Good " You think you are. Others dont care.

Your perception of an acceptable K/D is different to that of someone else and there play style.
    • Up x 1
  7. NinjaTurtle

Me too, but with this change we can all be as equally good :eek:
  8. Ash87

Well no, as Pella above, it means that the metric for measuring a good player is different than: Because he kills the endlessly respawning peoples.
    • Up x 1
  9. SgtBreastroker

Hmm, I like this change.
    • Up x 3
  10. JokeForgrim

The worst part is its gonna mean less people respawning as they will be sitting around waiting for a revive to save their KDR.

I can imagine the first week this goes live... I imagine a Map littered with revive Icons of Heavy and Light assaults, Recons and Engineers...
    20 friendly sunderers and beacons surrounding the point they were attacking....
    All the while 3-4 Medics run around frantically trying to revive enough to hold the capture point...

Then... A week later they will all be Medics, with Assault rifles, Underbarrel grenade launchers and two C4... This will be the Rise of the Medic Master Race and the beginning of Reviveside 2.
    • Up x 12
  11. Tar

K/D was dead already
  12. daicon

I think this change is more to make getting killed directly after a rez not afflict stats.. I could be wrong.

I was watching a FNO and Maggie said something along the lines of" "I noticed in your outfit everyone who is downed gets rezzed so quickly. You guy's K/D must be amazing!" -She was talking to some outfit and it sounded like she didn't understand how K/D worked with rezzing, but funny that this shows up on the PTS.

I'm betting this change will prolly be one of several to try to refine K/D. Maybe soon getting TK'd won't count? Who knows but I think they should just remove K/D ratio all together for the good of the game and its players.
  13. Terrex

This is a positive change. I never understood why you still got a death after being revived.
  14. Heero

Good, I will quite happily camp the corpse of a stat padding kiddie all day waiting for his medic friend to turn up to try and save his K/D stats ;)
  15. Ash87

The medic master race...
  16. HannaDest

It is not that hard to understand.
    • Up x 3
  17. Saiph

I just want to say that K/D, while flawed in it's current form due to vehicle camping, is valuable when trying to decide if someone is going to be a good fit in your squad/platoon/outfit. You need to know if that person you are entering a room with is going to be able to hold his own when you run into enemies, and by removing deaths we really have no way to measure that anymore.

Some of you are probably going to say, "But you're in FCRW, all you care about is K/D and Biofarms!" and that is just untrue. We like knowing that our players can hold their own in firefights, we don't want to hold anyone's hand through a fight, just as I am sure that none of you want to either.

Tl;DR: K/D isn't meaningless, it lets you know if the person next to you can defend your back, and removing deaths makes it harder to distinguish between players that can and can't.
  18. Tasogie

kdr never meant anything to start with. it is a meaningless number an has zero effect on anything.
  19. smokemaker

I have no issues with this.
    Those with crappy K/D will still have crappy K/D.
    And those with good K/D will have even better K/D.
    Win / Win
  20. Pella

BF3 Has this method. And most modern shooters do also.

And yes i remeber her saying that. I didnt say anything back oO