Dear SOE...Population

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SenorBeef, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Excellentz

This is exactly the trend SOE games tend to follow, they are going down a very bad path. I was so optimistic when this game was released and subsequent months, now I am worried.
    • Up x 1
  2. Kakihara

Unfortunately I think we all know deep down that SOE will just try to make as much money as possible out of server transfers, so mergers wont be happening.
    • Up x 1
  3. Deimosa99

Yeah I will have to agree with OP, each server should be so full of players that you have to spread your population between the 3 continents, not so low that just to find a battle you have to all go to one continent.

I have no idea why they think adding another continent is a good idea, 3 is too many imo until they fix the server populations, way too many servers on here, each one should be maxed out before they even consider adding another.

If SOE doesn't do that, this game will die and it will die quickly, and I say this as a person who loves this game/wishes more people were playing it. I had friends I attempted to interest in the game and told them the server I was on and unfortunately they logged in while I was otherwise occupied, and they had more trouble finding a fight than actually enjoying the game. This is a terrible first impression for a game and is probably the reason that only one or two actually still continue to play the game.

TL;DR
    SOE needs less servers, server merge asap.
    Large/dense pop. battles are the unique appeal of this game!
    • Up x 1
  4. DeathTeFirst

While these complaints certainly have merit, also keep in mind that some people who used to play may temporarily be unable to play because of stuff like school, jobs, etc.
  5. EvilPhd

A lot have been advocating for public test servers. This is will
    1. make productive use of empty servers
    2. buffer a bad patch release.
    3. make current servers more dense so Esamir and Amerish get more play.
    4. reduce ghost capping because of #3

It will help the player base, and you the devs. Really can't see much negatives about it.
  6. Arcanum

Does that surprise anyone?
  7. Yil

Software versions are hardly standardized. Please stop trying to think like a programmer when you're clearly not.
  8. Galaxycommand

SOE please merge?
  9. Arcanum

I'm not trying to pretend to be a programmer. I'm saying it's not surprising that the game is unfinished, and it wouldn't be surprising if it was still treated as a beta internally.
  10. Yil

Uh, the game is live...they treat it as live not beta, therefore saying the game is in beta is stupid because it's live and in live development. WoW's still in beta too then, you think?
  11. Sunderer

This is right on the money.
    Past couple weeks the total of unique active accounts on matterson per day was 7-9k and these servers hold 2k per continent so 6k total at a given time. Why not merge servers when the number of daily active users is so low it approaches a servers capacity. Servers should see at least 3x the amount of players relative to its server capacity, otherwise the other continents are total ghost towns as stated by OP.
  12. Maer

13. SenorBeef

Well, this thread is now 2 months old, with no response from SOE. The game has now been running for longer with servers that are almost useless ghost towns than it ran even half full.
    • Up x 1
  14. Tuco

For the 10th time, the worse thing that can happen in a FPS or MMOFPS is low player population. The best thing that can happen is a maxed out server with full pops. The only way to accomplish the "best thing that can happen" is to allow players to chose which server to play whenever they log onto the game. Tokens and server merges won't accomplish the "best thing that can happen".

Low pop server mood music :)

15. SerialNumber1221

Last two days I spent more time on Connery than Genudine....WOW what a difference

Its a joke that firstly we are going to have to pay to change he server, secondly its a bigger joke that SOE promised this as part of the last patch but did not deliver...

As soon as I can change servers, I'm moving all my slots to a busy server.....