Dead Outfit after 3 weeks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bitterclaw2, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Axehilt

Mostly PS2 needs a tutorial focused around continent population, choosing battles, and reaching battles:
    • "The enemy has over 60% pop here. Are you sure you want to respawn here? Note: You will likely die much faster while accomplishing almost nothing by spawning here."
    • Highlights warpgate as a spawn location, telling the player to go pull a fighter from there.
    • Highlights a battle with closer pop.
    Avoiding stupid battles is an important aspect of PS2. Players need to be flexible, and need to be informed that when they're camped or obliterated it's usually because they're being inflexible.
    • Up x 2
  2. WarmasterRaptor

What the hell are you on?

He never QQed about KDR or whatever bull your spouting right now.
    And if you're not playing for the objective in PS2, what the hell are you doing?!$ o_O
    It's the basic thing in every and all battles!

Actually, all the things you're suggesting is what he wants to see happen but doesn't because of redeploying and the zerg mentality.

Read his post carefully and calm down.
    I don't get why you went at his throat like that ad for no reason, without following his post! :rolleyes:

And guys, guys... stop assuming stuff. It's useless. It never goes anywhere.
    Imagining the perfect scenario in an imperfect situation doesn't do sht.

But I assume you won't :p
  3. WorldOfForms

Asking for a 300% increase in TTK implies you've never played an FPS before. I mean, PS1 was known for having a crazy long TTK, yet if you were to triple PS2's TTK, you'd have a TTK even slower than PS1.

300% increase would kill this game. It would be a laughing stock in the FPS genre. Maybe FPS games just aren't for you and your friends?
  4. DK22

3 weeks isn't a very long time in PS2, I don't think I even knew what a Cap point was for about a month. :)
    Outfits come and go all the time.
    Look on the bright side, being an outfit of one greatly reduces Outfit recruit spam. :p
  5. Gammit

I wish there was a better way to communicate these two points to new players. It would help tremendously.
  6. Huishe

TTK should be lowered, not increased.

Other than that, your friends were just weak.
  7. Tuco

The only thing keeping every single generator and spawn tube from being blown before the battle even begins in PS1 is squad leaders will TK you if you try, cause they want to grind Command Experience to get their I-win buttons.

No Command Experience in PS2 so nothing's stopping someone from blowing every single spawn tube and generator on a continent before the enemy has a chance to put their pants on.
  8. Tuco

That's great, unfortunately zergfits regularly redeploy every 2 minutes f'ing up every single balanced battle on a continent.
  9. tahn1000

kudos for giving your honest assessment of the game, but such things just aren't welcome on this forum.
  10. Axehilt

So? That's the game being played: get the right players to the right fight. As a solo player this doesn't bother me since I can flexibly redeploy elsewhere too. Which I won't do if they're only redeploying (since they can't push their pop above 50% that way) but I might do if they actually bring more than 60% (at which point the advice should appear at the death screen each death, letting even inexperienced players know it's time to relocate.)
  11. Tuco

So a zergfit redeploys to a balanced battle, and everyone redeploy out of it. Awesome.
  12. Axehilt

1. They can't unbalance pop by redeploying.
    2. They can only only unbalance pop by traveling to the battle.
    3. Zergfits are typically not led well, which means they'll cram all their dudes on one base while losing 2 others along different lattice. If their opponents consistently penalize the mistake of over-zerging, they'll realize it's not a good decision.
    4. My worse char still has over 700 SPM, so obviously avoiding bad battles doesn't mean I'm rarely in combat. I'm in combat all the damn time! (Just to head off this concern.)
    5. Organization is part of the strategic skill of the game. Organized outfits can and do stomp random players. If this wasn't the case, the game would have some serious problems. (It's a PVP game; skill should be the deciding factor at all times.)
  13. tahn1000

zergfests don't have to travel anywhere. they deploy and redeploy to the nearest base to the one they are attacking (usually 300m away), plus pull endless trains of tanks and sundies.

anyone DEFENDING has to travel a minimum of 2100m just to get to their own faction's base which is under attack.
  14. Crator

Doesn't sound like they really wanted to play this game in the first place....