De-performance patch?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DrageonPL, Feb 5, 2013.

1. DrageonPL

Seems like SOE is trying real hard to destroy their game. After being excited for a new patch (not mentioning that it was late) when I got on the game after it being released I noticed a quite significant issue, i.e. my FPS got butchered down to 20. While before the patch I could squeeze out 35-40FPS on high and up to 60-70 on low. Now I am getting 20 on low. Does anybody else has this issue? I can't play like this....
  2. Tiedemann

Countless threads about FPS issues but I think most ppl have it like me, just massive FPS drops now and then and not constantly low.
  3. Stew360

Yep i do have it i was use to play with the .ini ultra setting at 45/55 in big figth and 70/100 else were but since this patch i have stuttering , FPS issue much lower performance but also Performance bleeding like we have been use during the beta you start at 70fps go down to 40 go down to 30 goes below 20 at some point and you ahve to restart the game entirely
  4. hellin

The problem here is rendering. Minimum limitation of view seems to be in the 200 meters.
    I also have poor performance (compared to the previous patch). Rendering 1000m too much (1/8 map).
    Probably have to wait until they fix it. Play it is not possible.
  5. Appalachian

Same here. I used to get awesome performance. Was getting 70+ FPS most of the time and never dropped below 40 even in big battles. Now sometimes I get as low as 20 even without much action going on. I am also getting some severe stutter issues that occur even when I am getting decent FPS. Haven't been able to play since the patch.
  6. UrMom306

my frames use to be 110-120ish in the warpgate, and anywhere from 40-70ish in large battles. After the patch i've noticed that the frames go 40-70 down to 10-15 really fast, its like 70, 10, 70, 15, 70. Just constant dip and surge. The result is a really laggy feel, it honestly feels like it felt in beta. Another issue i've noticed is my graphics card runs hotter when playing. It use to run at around 45 C, now after the patch i'm hitting like 53-55 C. I know that's not very hot, but still its the principle of it. As of now the game isn't playable, cause with all the laggyness I can't hit ****. So add me to the list of another player waiting for a fps fix :(

Edit: my specs - i7 2600k oc'd to 4.2, 16gb ram, MSI Twinfrozr R7950 oc'd ...i shouldn't be getting these crappy frames lol