DBG WE WANT ANTI-CHEAT!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mr. Thoughtful, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Mr. Thoughtful

I doubt this will happen anytime soon though. Why won't they listen? Money in the ears and mouth? Come on!
  2. Inzababa

hmm wait, I thought there was anti cheat?

battleye?
    • Up x 1
  3. BuckNastey91

Yes that is what Battleye is. It's actually a very effective Anti-Cheat capable of banning a Steam id. Meaning that any game that is running Battleye will not allow that cheater to play with that steam account
  4. Mr. Thoughtful

Wow okay so PlanetSide 2 has Battleye and it runs on serverside. Well, i'll be shutting up now. Thanks guys.
    • Up x 1
  5. Savadrin

Name clearly a lie.
    • Up x 6
  6. Mr. Thoughtful

You'll never know. Have a great weekend!
    • Up x 2
  7. Korban

At the moment Battleye is "currently" one of the best anti-cheat systems out there alongside Valve Anti-Cheat, Punkbuster and Fairfight. It itself have it's Pros and Cons.
    • Up x 1
  8. Masyaka

BattlEye blocks cloud gaming services, that's one.
  9. Scatterblak

Battle Eye is no more than average, possibly less, and a lot of us don't play with Steam anyway. There are *tons* of hacks for Battle Eye out there, there's even a DLL hackers can download specifically for getting around BE.
  10. Hammerlock

since battleeye attached to the launcher i got EVERY SINGLE PATCH a error ... goddammit SOE when you cant add that *BEEP* properly you loose more and more customers
  11. Towie

BE specifically checks for proxy DLLs (and blocks them) so it sounds unlikely. Unless you can create your own kernel mode driver (without copying public code - the sig will be detected) then it's going to be difficult.

Of course, no anticheat will ever be 100% and we don't know whether a single person has actually been banned from Planetside due to a BE detected hack - but then, my personal experience has improved dramatically since its introduction so i'm definitely a fan :D
  12. Scatterblak

There are groups where you can dload the source for kernal mode drivers; these guys even have tutorials on how to implement them. If it seems unlikely, I'd like to humbly invite you to google around a bit - this stuff is happening. And you're dead on correct re: kernel mode drivers - that topic pops up on their threads a lot (particularly as regards methods to either avoid the sig check or to artifically elevate a process).
  13. Moz

It is absolutely capable of this however I'm sure i read that Planetside doesn't actually use BE like that?

I think they use it PURELY to collect data on hackers and then bans are done manually.... I think?
  14. Towie

That's the problem - so far I haven't seen any evidence of bans due to BE so we just don't know what's happening.

All I can say is, although you get the odd suspicious death, it's nowhere near the previous levels (would you believe i've improved my performance by 10% since BE introduction according to planetstats).

Oh and some long-time suspicious players haven't played in a while. Maybe they're banned - but without a way of checking, we just don't know.
    • Up x 1