DBG: GET IN GEAR and resolve the terrain cheats.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OgreMarkX, Sep 25, 2018.

1. csvfr

It might be a benefit for the reddit community, but here it is explicitly disallowed due to being non-constructive, as are your personal attacks.
    Threads suggesting good changes with real argumentation can be a benefit to the community, spamming a hackusation thread is not.
  2. Towie

Someone calling out a cheater is as bad as the cheater ?

Beggars belief.
  3. adamts01

Identifying, then arguing to get rid of a known exploit is absolutely beneficial. OgreMarkX didn't accuse anyone personally, and this thread is full of constructive solutions. You're out of line here.
  4. csvfr

It's not about good or bad, it's about breaking the rules, which both apparently do. Just saying not judging.
    A solution banning users merely due to a handful of reports is a double-edged sword. I can imagine organized cheaters taking vengeance by reporting non-cheating players, which clearly is a weakness of your proposal and a constructive addition to the discussion.
  5. adamts01

You're missing half the point. Of course we're all frustrated with people exploiting the game. But even the title of the post calls out Daybreak for not stopping this exploit. There are 2 things that NEED to be done, and neither are banning people from a few reports. I don't know where you picked up that idea. #1 is punish these guys using exploits, as there's always going to be something to exploit. And there's plenty of video evidence of these guys. It's the same people night after night, week after week, month after month. #2 is a quick and easy fix for this particular exploit, simply adding infisible walls and floors around each continent.
  6. csvfr

The idea was picked up from
    From the killboard of the t**g666 player, he started cheating the 21st and haven't been online since 26st, probably already dealt with. The other perpetrator on reddit was also said to have been given a 1 week ban. So I think DBG does take this issue seriously, as they have dealt with clear cases of cheating in the past.
  7. Towie

Depends on whether you think a 1 week ban is really tough enough ? Although I admit i'm more on the side of the Ghengis Khan on 'how to handle cheaters', it just isn't good enough.

The exploit isn't quite as easy to fix as some people think so the answer is simple in my mind - total ban on exploiters. Like I said - if there's no consequence then you rely on decency. Hell for one week in purgatory, think I might have some fun under the map (I won't as i'm not like that but some people just don't have the scruples).

And as i've said before - SoE used to revel in the public bans - DBG need to get some backbone.

Final point - the person who was identified in the (mysteriously deleted) thread - is still playing and hasn't had to suffer any sort of break in his funtime. Not good enough by half.
  8. csvfr

I'd say a 1 week ban is hard enough the first time for glitch exploiters as long as they are closely watched thereafter. It's not like cheaters using third-party tools, I think that's more severe.

There was this one time I sat in a sundee firing the cobalt until it was overrun by enemy forces. When exiting the burning vehicle I unexpectedly found myself under the ground but on some artifact so I didn't fall and die. The sundee driver and other passenger were also there and had already began shooting and killing the enemies which we could see from below. Even though I was tempted I didn't join in on the spree. Thing is it could happen to anyone and requires quite some self-restraint to not exploit.
  9. Towie

Certainly anyone using a hack should be deleted forever without hesitation (and I believe they are - when discovered).

It comes down to scruples again - remember the indestructible vehicles issue ? I had an indestructible Vanguard and when I realised, I just drove it to the edge of the map and abandoned it.

And you certainly do find yourself under the map occasionally (used to happen very often on joining) but both of those are accidental. To fly under the map today, you have to do a very specific sequence of events and the first thing would suggest you potentially cheat anyway - so I still say - BAN (he says, hearing a thousand hairy horsemen shouting in his head).
    • Up x 1
  10. Who Garou

That shouldn't mean that they shouldn't look into them.

I'm against a knee-jerk reaction.
    People are reporting - investigate.

If it's some DEV's buddy or a DEV themselves, they need to be treated twice as harshly as anyone else caught doing it.
  11. PlanetBound

I've seen an FPS where you could replace textures with a transparent texture but never remove part of the terrain and not crash your client. Assuming that is the complaint.
  12. OgreMarkX

Hello all. Hey guess who is, as I speak, terrain glitching in a liberator on Connery again?

Oh did you guess TONG666?

However did you guess that name?

What will it take to ban these cheaters? They kill Wrel while Wrel steams?
    • Up x 1