DBG Bundle Price Rip Off

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WetPatch, Sep 2, 2015.

1. WetPatch

I don't know if this has been spotted or not but the price difference between Bundle and Single is crazy.

Here is just 1 Example: In the Compost Armour Bundle i am short 2 Armour's (Medic/LA) DBG want to charge me 899 DBG Dollars.

[IMG]

Now if i bought them separably at 225 a pop i save myself 449 DBG Dollars. Now if your not a Member like me that same Deal has a difference of 900 DBG Dollars which is absolutely crazy

[IMG]

Its the same with the Composite Helmets

[IMG]

I save 93 DBG buy separate which isnt much but its still a thing, and a non member would lose 998 DBG if he bought the Bundle over individual purchases.
  2. Raysen

The bundle is meant to let you save in case you DON'T own already its contents. In your case it's obvious you save more buying single pieces, as you own already most of what is inside -.-
    • Up x 8
  3. Navron

This.
    • Up x 1
  4. Movoza

There is also a bit of your own responsibility. If I go to a computer store now, I guarantee you that there will be lower priced computers that are better than others. Or computers build in such a way that some elements are way too good in comparison to others (weak dual cores, 2gb ram and a freaking 960 gtx video card?).
    Check prices, check contents, weigh them against each other and take the best choice. If you don't, let's hope you'll learn your lesson.
  5. xSalt

So, your basically saying that you bought these armors and helmets as singles without realizing they had them bundled. And now, you want to be compensated because you've realized you spent more than you had to?

I mean, I feel ya, there are bundles that I wish I had but will never buy because I already own some of the items in them and therefore they would be a waste of money. As I would not be getting the full value.
  6. WetPatch

No i didnt buy them, i was just browsing. I bought DBG dollars for the Platinum Bundle thinking it was still available due to them still advertising it. I missed the Tweet saying it wasnt.

I'll keep it now for the 3rd Anniversary bundle now.
  7. Ronin Oni

^THIS

FFS, bundle pricing is set as it is for the WHOLE PACKAGE.

If you don't want or need the whole package, I've got news for you: DO NOT BUY THE BUNDLE
  8. FieldMarshall

Its not a "rip off". They just assume people with enough brainpower to start the game can figure it out.
    The items in the bundle that you already even has a red line through it, so you wont get confused.
    • Up x 1
  9. BaronX13

Listen, it isn't like I don't understand that they want to buy the whole package. But, doesn't DBG need money? They 100% should take off from a package price if you already own what is inside. While you may think "nonononono, that's not how that works", no one cares how that works. Think I'm lying? Think of it this way.

If they actually took off the price of items you already own in a package, allowing one to still buy the package with a discount for what is already owned, the OP would have bought the bundle. He says it himself that he would. It isn't like he's trying to cheat DBG out of any cash, he's being a good consumer, that's how shopping works. Tell me truthfully that if they actually discounted items you already owned from bundles, you wouldn't purchase more bundles.

I think DBG needs to remember not to trip over dollars to pick up pennies. Yes, if you discount already owned items in the bundles you will end up losing money on singular sales. On the flip side, does that really matter when you could drastically raise your bundle sale rates? It won't matter how much you lose on singular sales by discounted owned items if because of that silly policy, the person just chooses not to buy the bundle.

They could either sell a normally 1200 DBG cash bundle for let's say 900 DBG cash because an item is already owned and probably raise sales. Or they could keep doing what they are doing, and people won't spend any money at all because they don't want to spend extra money. Which do you think is the better choice?

I hope that makes sense, I realized now that I kind of worded things somewhat incoherently.
  10. Souleater

I, for one, would certainly buy more bundles if they offered a percentage discount (even if not a straight one) on the bundles.

Case in point from today: I saw the NS weapons bundle that includes the NS-44P. I *love* NS weapons (yes, weird, I know) but I have about half the weapons in there. If I could have purchased the bundle with a discount I would have done so to pick up the Plat NS-44 but I'm not paying £60~ for it.

Even Blizzard are now offering discounts on bundles in Heroes of the Storm if you already own some of the contents.

I'm a strong believer in supporting this game as I really enjoy playing it.
  11. Taemien

I'm going to have to agree, the bundles should be somewhat pro-rated or outright disabled if you own some of the items inside. Especially since we're talking about a service and not a product. If I buy a sofa, then later buy a sofa/ottoman bundle.. I now have TWO sofas and an ottoman. But with a service you could potentially and inadvertently buy something you cannot use.

It'd be a little different if the excess went into a slot that you could convert to another empire's equivalent weapon or gift to another player. But this isn't the case.

Pro-rating the bundle is a simple fix and would be much easier on the Customer Service that undoubtedly have to deal with this.
  12. Pokebreaker

Easy answer. Don't buy.
  13. Vakex

The OP is correct. The only stupid people here are the trash ripping on him. In EVERY single other game that has bundles nowadays, except this one, it is prorated if you own part of it already, according to how many pieces you already have. Want an awesome example? Go look at League of Legends bundles, or Blizzards. I've bought tons of LoL bundles because they are always prorated, because I almost never don't have one piece of something. Same thing with Planetside 2. And guess what? Because of that, to this day, I've only bought the Hossin Camo bundle, because it's the ONLY ONE, out of DOZENS, that I didn't already have at least one piece. So all they've done is cost themselves money, when frankly, they really need it. So do a little research before you rage on something that YOU are actually, in reality, are the idiot misinformed internet troll, not the OP.
    • Up x 1
  14. toast2250