DBG Ban Wave on PS4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GuhMaster2512, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuhMaster2512

Daybreak is banning players on Genudine for speaking out against another player (Who will be left unnamed here per Daybreak policy) who has a history of being banned for cyberbullying, harassment, and teamkilling. Here is a link to the Reddit discussion for those who want more details although the post has been locked, it still has a lot of relevant information. This is absolutely ridiculous that they would ban the players trying to help the server instead of the player causing harm to those who just want to play their game.

/r/PS4Planetside2

/r/Planetside
    • Up x 1
  2. CapEnTrade

Don't be a snitch.
    Moderation is loose in the game and it's best that way.

The ignore functionality is the great equalizer for bm, and team killing is not an issue because that effectively makes them a more interesting opponent you should kill.

The wild west is best and the loose moderation is one of the reasons I love planetside2
  3. Pelojian

Toxic players don't belong in this game, loose moderation is always a bad idea and only makes toxic players abuse of others worse.

ether play as a decent human being or get banned as a toxic player.

nobody logs into any online game to be abused, harassed or trolled.
    • Up x 1
  4. CapEnTrade

That's why you mute them.
    Anything more than loose moderation is a waste of time and an annoyance because mute -- is a thing.
    Obviously not. That's why they can;
    • Ignore chat entirely.
    • Mute people causing trouble.
    • Teamkill the bad and team-killing team mates.
    There is no problem and the game's system of moderation is fine as is.
  5. Pelojian

chat, exists to chat it shouldn't cease ot exist because of toxic players
    muting only works on a player by player basis, it doesn't slow down the toxic players
    teamkilling is not really punishing them and you are just as liable to get teamkilled by someone else

anything else but a ban, suspension or warning is not true moderation.

for every player that ignores a toxic one, how many don't know how to do those things and quit due to frustration and lack of moderation due to the toxic players?

if you make a problem of yourself in a store, bar or club you should expect to be kicked out, why should toxic players expect anything different in a game?

if they can't afford to moderate the toxic players then the game shouldn't be running at all.
    • Up x 1
  6. CapEnTrade

Ok, nobody said it should... We all understand what the chat is for.
    That is how it works yes. If someone is toxic to you, you mute them. If someone is toxic somewhere but not to you, you are not effected. As you know, it's loosely moderated, this does not mean no moderation. The worst offenders are inevitably taken care of.
    Same goes with any other enemy from any other fraction. Team killers are no longer your ally. Under the skin of your fraction, they are your opponent just as anyone else would be on a different fraction. The only possible way to solve team killing is to remove it, and this will not happen, nor in my opinion should it. It serves many purposes, not all Nobel as you know. It makes the game more interesting.
    Moderation like what you suggest takes too much man power, makes too many mistakes, and is pointless and redundant when mute is a thing. Most people who would be toxic are not toxic all the time and there is no reason to suspend them when those offended will just fight it out or mute the toxic player. Planetside 2 has a very free atmosphere because of this.

They don't need to expel pointless man-hours and money to combat toxic people beyond loose moderation for the worst, it would be redundant. Mute is all that is necessary and is specific and easy.

Let's get down to the REAL core of this argument.
    You can't handle getting your feelings hurt and want Daybreak to step in and waste valuable resources to make it "better" for you. Suck it up, mute, and move on. The only way somone can be toxic to you in a game with a mute feature is if you let them. The fact that you continue your baseless argument shows me that you let yourself get baited by such people either due to a lack of self control and or self esteem.
  7. CapEnTrade

A bit of toxicity is good in my opinion. Snowflakes need to have their fragile states broken once in a while and people need to learn to either buck up or ignore arguments from obvious toxic trolls. Further, team killing can only go so far until the persons weapons are locked.
  8. Pelojian

in other words merely because i believe that people should be decent human beings and if they are toxic and detrimental to other players they should be punished, you think my feeling are hurt?

people play games to have fun, if your sense of fun means deliberately seeking to destory the enjoyment of others it means you are a toxic player to other players and the game. some even justify this by saying that's how they 'win the game' by slowly killing it and making players quit. in other words they invent a win condition that doesn't exist to excuse their bad behavour.

i rarely encounter toxic players, just because they don't affect me doesn't mean i should cut DBG some slack in their lack of removing toxic players that are detrimental to groups of players.
    • Up x 1
  9. UberNoob1337101

Ugh. So they've banned the people who have expressed their concern instead of the dude causing harassment and TKs, and who has played the victim if you do something about it. GJ being completely disconnected from the community as usual and banning the wrong people, DBG :rolleyes:

Yeah, cause an entire faction should respond to issues within itself with TKs so enemies have an easier time fighting them and completely distract them from objectives.

The complaint also isn't because of lack of moderation, but completely misguided moderation. Because the PS4 community did respond with tells and TKs when the certain individual caused trouble (of doing TKs and harassment), but DBG banned them, temporarily but a few are suspected to be perma-banned.

You should also know that things like muting and ignoring is not possible in PS4 due to poor UI. So it does invalidate your argument of "mute the dude". At most you can disable proxy chat, but ****-talking in /yell is very much visible to everyone.
    • Up x 2
  10. CapEnTrade

Stop being a naive idealist. I deal in absolutes and finite reasoning of a singular sort.

It is not practical nor reasonable to suggest Daybreak sink resources to redundantly fix an insignificant problem. Yes, your feelings are insignificant. It might surprise you, but myself and others suffer effectively 0 toxicity problems because we either do not engage or use the mute feature.

You said it yourself but not quite so elegantly as this; people have different ways of enjoying the game. So what if some people are toxic? You expect Daybreak to bend over backwards to accommodate people with hurt feelings who could have easily avoided their fragile state? It's not practical!

Further, you confirm my suspicion, that Toxicity is not much of a problem in our largely self regulated system here. You say you don't encounter it often. In my entire time of playing Planetside 2 since beta, I've only really felt it necessary to report a number of people I can fit onto one hand of fingers counting. This is because I have thick skin and will use the ignore feature, and I hardly encounter toxic players, and when I do, they're the simple garden variety.

I believe people should be free to be toxic now and then. As I have stated, the worst offenders are already taken care of.
  11. CapEnTrade

Your points are incorrect.

1. You can mute on the PS4, if it's too much of a hassle with that pathetic controller, exercise self control to ignore people.
    2. Other fractions inevitably have the same problem and so it's even. Want loyalty? Join a platoon!
    3. Don't be a snitch, and the rules plainly state that you're not to be a snitch, though the wording is professional.
  12. Pelojian

if someone is being toxic towards other players they deserve to be punished, regardless if people get offended or not. toxic players are detrimental to the game and newer players.

toxic players do not belong in multiplayer games.
  13. CapEnTrade

You're over-exaggerating, it's hardly a problem moderation techniques aside. Further, it is the new player that tends to be more toxic, as they are frustrated more for a plethora of legitimate reasons.

Toxic players are an inescapable reality of multiplayer games. Overwatch has proven highly toxic despite extreme moderation measures.

Daybreak has no reason or business to waste resources on this non issue. Yes it is a non issue because the worst offenders are inevitably taken care of and mute is a thing, and as we have addressed previous, it's not at all wide spread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.