DB, Please Revert Cert/DBC Changes, Re Think Pricing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DorianOmega, May 19, 2015.

1. DorianOmega

Based off of everything I've seen, these changes are going to do a lot more harm then good to the game. In understanding that your studio needs to make money, this is NOT the right way to go about it as these prices make the game feel blatantly P2W which is a design sin for a supposed competitive FPS which WILL cause the game to lose more players.

100-150 Certs, give or take, seems like a far more appropriate change in cost to weapons instead of price hikes as high as 400%, IE Falcons/pounder/comet going from 250 to 1000 certs.

Please revert the changes and re think your price changes to something far more feasible and not targeted to people with the most money, the patch was apparently bad enough as it is without needing to so dramatically jack up the prices.
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

If my memory serves me, I believe that may be restoring their absolutely original store price; but, I would have to check ancient update notes to confirm that. I'll edit my own post if not.

Edit: Yup, found it. Game Update 9.
  3. Kaitos

Still man, those prices were fine, everything is so expensive now, 1000 for a Falcon? 650certs for AA launcher?

375 for the crappiest guns in game, even SIDEARMS!
    • Up x 1
  4. Psykmoe

Bolding mine. Many prices going down? The only costs that were cut were a few vehicle weapons that used to cost 1000 certs. And they were lowered to 850 or so. Not a single infantry weapon was made cheaper. Every single infantry weapon that cost less than 1000 certs was made more expensive, some all the way back to 1000.
    Previously affordable vehicle weapons (Bulldogs, Kobalts, ES-AI guns) are all more expensive, at least doubled in cost. Even the 750 cert Ranger and Walker were made more expensive, lol.
    Grabbing a second MAX AI gun and a second AV gun (Muti and Pounder) costs 1400 certs more than before so I guess instead of balancing the dumb MAX spam meta they'll just try to lock new players out longer, haha.
    On the whole, in hindsight, Radar's post seems extremely misleading.
    • Up x 1
  5. jstrecu

Agree the Heavy Assault's AA Rocket launcher should be cheap (even give it as default as Wrel suggested in one of his videos) because it is the only way new players have to fight against enemy air.

But besides that, I think prices aren't that bad....
    This is a F2P game, and you have to grind all the way to buy your favorite stuff, like you do on any other F2P game.
    Most expensive weapons remain 1000 certs, their prices have NOT gone up. That's around 10 hours of play for an experienced player to unlock along with the typical Scope+Grip attachments.

People are really exaggerating the issue....
    How many hours of fun can you get out of this game without spending a single dollar? Yeah, most people are forgetting that....
    • Up x 2
  6. MrJengles

That's what makes it even worse.

There was a lot of discussion about the inaccessibility of AA and AV to new players back then. Apparently, as time passes they lose a lot of their conviction in helping new players have accessible ways to fight back against slaughter machines.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pay2WinSucks

I am on the fence on hoping they come to their senses or just uninstall the game and not look back. If they just improved the game instead of just trying to make a cash grab, I would feel incline to buy some nifty helmets and such. Now I don't want to throw a penny at a sleazy ploy by a company that doesn't seem to want any respect.
  8. Dowlphin

What I also noticed is the Galaxy. Consider that flying a Galaxy isn't something you do all the time. Consider it has four guns. Consider that switching from a Drake to a Walker is a slight usability improvement, but not severe, especially since the aircraft Drake has 750 m/s projectile speed and not 500. And they raised prices for those so that changing all four Drake to Walker and Bulldog roughly costs twice as much now.
    I somewhat considered that if I ever have too many certs (lol), I might change the top gun to a Walker, but 750 certs already seemed painful. And now they raised it even more. So this is for the hardcore Galaxy pilots only, now.
  9. AxiomInsanity87

A little patience will help your woes. There's no end game so you can relax about how long it takes extra to get stuff now.

If you're really that impatient, you can cough up a sub and get pretty much everything you want within a month. If you can't get a sub then you need to rethink your life quite seriously or hope you get enough pocket money to cover it.

That is about it.