[Suggestion] Day / Night

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Loken, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Loken

Have SOE made this game work so it makes us fight in the night more than the day recently? If you really want us to fight at night, put a perma-night on Hossin for us. (You can't see bugger all there anyway)

It's a bloody GAME, not a simulator.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

Night and day cycles like normal.
    • Up x 2
  3. VonStalin

night is annoying, I am happy that there is at least one continent with almost no night - Hossin.
    Probably my monitor is very old or something, but when the night comes I just cant play without changing my settings.
  4. Pikachu

When I play on Hossin the nights are usually very dark. :)
  5. Waratorium

I like the day/night cycle in Planetside, though I feel it could be a bit longer.

I enjoy the challenge of night fighting, particularly on parts of Indar.
  6. Turiel =RL=

The problem is not only that it's dark way too often, the huge problem is that buildings are too dark inside. It's like someone forgot to turn the lights on and everything is running on emergency lighting. Even in huge structures there is nothing but minimal lighting. I can understand if it is dark outside, but not inside. Currently I am FORCED to switch continents whenever it goes into night-phase, because I can't fight enemy with black uniforms in the darkness. To be honest, this is absolutely ridiculous.
    • Up x 1
  7. VonStalin

on low or high Hossin day and night almost the same brightness for me.. Other continents huge difference between day and night.
  8. Fatal_Finn

Current n´day/night cycle is fine imo. Kinda hard to see dat spandex in the night
    • Up x 1
  9. Pardus

A obvious clock highlighting the day/night cycles would be nice instead of "Oh ... look ... it's (night/day)".

I maybe a bit wonkers, but I think it's a nice touch. It means each faction's color set isn't always at a advantage or disadvantage.
    • Up x 1
  10. CNR4806

The biggest problem with night battles is that you can basically cheat by going to options and turn the brightness dial up to 11.

Fighting in the dark is actually quite fun otherwise.
  11. Pikachu

Yes a clock would be much nice. :) Random, and change back Amerish time zone to that of Indar as it was.
  12. ajma

Most of the time I don't even notice the difference.
  13. Turiel =RL=

Awesome game design:

[IMG]
  14. Turiel =RL=

Hmm, quite interesting. I just pulled up my gamma to 1.50 and now I can see the stuff in the picture above. Before it was basically all black.