DAT NIGHT

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sekaszy, May 27, 2013.

1. Sekaszy

Look at this....
    its beautiful.

I know lots of ppl would hate it, but i really want DAT NIGHT.
    Cant SOE make 1 in 10 nights look dark likee this, so everyone can be happy?
    • Up x 16
  2. thrikerr

No.
    • Up x 1
  3. sindz

Yes.

The "night" we got now is done to cater to the cod and wow kids that unfortunately also reside in PS2.
    • Up x 19
  4. Deronok

Beta night is why we have flashlight and night vision. Sucks it wasn't kept, but I could see why. It would of been interesting, though.
  5. cebceb44

said it before, I'll say it again

there's a 30+ page thread going on in ideas and suggestions right now, with next to no objections. That's more people agreeing on darker nights then there are people agreeing on most of the roadmap things that's gotten in. Video in OP shows that they've already had the coding in for those nights, so this has got to be one of the least-effort changes they can make that would please a ton of people.

yes to darker nights, please.
    • Up x 9
  6. Ranik

I want dark nights. I want a reason for flashlights and NV....
    • Up x 10
  7. thrikerr

Not gonna happen.
  8. TheArchetype

YES
    • Up x 6
  9. cebceb44

any particular reason you're saying that, or what
    • Up x 5
  10. thrikerr

Because it's not going to happen and you should stop trying to make it happen.
  11. TheArchetype

Why not?
    • Up x 4
  12. Roy Teppert

Watch how many complaints will hit the forums once they cave in and make the nights darker.
  13. cebceb44

that's not a compelling argument at all, that's just thread derailment, posting 'no' without a real reason

we've had it before, we can have it again. not like that hasn't happened before with other community requests.
    • Up x 5
  14. Chemicalnurd

Almost everyone wants darker nights back, therefore we could at least try it. Currently there's not even any point in night.
    "It's okay to not like things, but don't be a dick about it."
    Give us a valid explanation of why it's a bad idea instead of trolling.
    • Up x 4
  15. BalogDerStout

Split the difference, have dark nights on some maps but not on others (like Indar)
    • Up x 1
  16. Ganelon

Only if you slap neon lights on VS models.
    • Up x 1
  17. Talshere

What night? All I see there is the sun in full glory at midday.
  18. Sekaszy

wut?
    • Up x 3
  19. LonelyTerran

As long as everyone gets access to black camo.
  20. Phyr

Nights right now are dark enough to be annoying, but not dark enough to warrant investing in flashlights/NV scopes, plus it would annoy me to have to reconfig my loadouts just to swap between scopes.

So, we need darker nights and more loadouts.

And flares.
    • Up x 3