Dat AMS change

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zombekas, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Zombekas

So all sunderers now equip gate shield diffusers, go right through shields, and allow everyone to spawn right inside the shields? Lol k, no point in defending generators anymore :confused:
    • Up x 3
  2. Nintyuk

3 words, No Deploy Zone.
    • Up x 16
  3. aoyagiaichou

I don't think Sunderers should have access to shield diffusers, but that's another thing...
  4. Phyr

That still leaves the entirety of an amp station.
    • Up x 1
  5. DeadlyShoe

Regardless, If you don't have at least one tank in the courtyard you're doing it wrong.

Easy fix is to just remove gate shield diffusers from Sunderers. You can get them on Harassers after all and there's rumors about a medium transport in the works.
    • Up x 1
  6. Nintyuk

Which could be accessed by the rear on many AMP stations for sundys before this. Plus any sundy going through the gate sheilds will be doing so alone making them a huge target before they can even deploy. On top of that the new amp station Layouts make this even less relevent. I'm personally going with Smoke sheild to help hide my sundy and IR sights on my sundy guns.
    • Up x 2
  7. Phyr

I didn't say it was going to make a difference. Shield diffusers are the red headed step child of utility slots.
  8. IamDH

Cool change. Not sure whether i'll cert into my sundy tho

AMS was pretty much the only thing i ever considered
    • Up x 1
  9. Xasapis

One tank won't last a second against a sunderer filled with squad members (aka coordinated) going against it.

I think the whole process to reach this change in AMS started a bit backwards. I can almost trace the line of thought that led to this decision:
    • What is the first thing you want to do as a new player with your newly spawned sunderer?
      The answer is to use it as an AMS point. Problem is that a) you don't know you need(ed) the module and b) you needed to press button B to deploy.
      Point b) can be rectified easily by asking around. Point a) though means that the newly spawn sunderer is useless.
    • What base or station would create problems, if the sunderer would gain the AMS ability without the need for the module?
      Main problem is the Amp station. Control of balcony in a Tech plant means that no enemy sunderer will live long enough inside the shielded areas and a sunderer at the bottom of the Bio Lab is semi useless.
  10. Nephera

I dunno proximity radar to shoot incoming c4 light assaults or suicide engineers sounds pretty appealing too.

edit: Small defending forces are going to be hurt more than big ones in regards to gate shield diffusors on amses. ones that dont have full overwatch over every gate and have to react as the situation unfolds.
  11. Phyr

How will gate shield diffuser work with AMS since they're both activated abilities? Do you think they thought far enough ahead to make them contextual?
  12. Nintyuk

Deploy uses a different key to GSD, Fire Supression and IR Smoke. Deploy is B by default while the others are X by default (Rebound to F for me)

Edit:
    Tankmines on vehicle sheilds, either have to send in infantry first to to remove the Tankmines which gives away the element of suprise or equip mine guard instead of blockade armour which reduces surviablity.
  13. Prudentia

or juat drive over the vehicle spawnpad. looks more badass when you do the jump, is safer and has no drawback. (well you could get acrewed if someone spawns a vehic that moment...)
  14. DeadlyShoe

A Sunderer that's mostly heavies that already have their (dumbfire capable) rocket launchers out and can eject, target, and destroy a tank before it finishes a Sunderer is pretty much pure theorycraft and doesn't reflect the thousand things that could and would go wrong. If you do pull it off, you either deserve it or you way outnumber the enemy.
  15. Wildclaw

And one sunderer won't last a second in the courtyard with a bunch of squad members (aka coordinated) going against it.
    • Up x 2
  16. Nintyuk

I was referring to the outer gate shields because the NDZ covers the cap point area.
  17. RomulusX

Can a Gal fly into a a tech plant middle area of the structure and just start spawning a squad next to the elevator? Hmmmmm
  18. Nintyuk

Yes, meaning while that galaxy is alive up to 11 people can spawn there (A squad member must remain in the vehicle in order too have spawns).
  19. NoctD

Keep swapping squad members, and you can have a platoon or more, if the enemy doesn't wise up and destroy it.
  20. PurpleOtter

Some info on this. The Dev's posted on Reddit that 96% of the player base that pulled a Sunderer were using an AMS module and nothing else. All the work on other modules was going to waste. Hence the change.
    • Up x 2