Dark times are coming for Infiltrators with ASP release.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zak Preston, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Prudentia

noooo D:
    i'm still 1.8 xp away from BR120, i need atleast another week or so to do that D:
  2. Sazukata

That was fast... I guess they made up their minds before even announcing it and only put it on PTS to make sure it works tech-wise.

We really shouldn't measure how well-off a class becomes based on the raw quantity of added perks. What matters is how good they are. Getting carbines would've been a huge "win" on its own.

But yeah, aside from sticky grenades, nothing of note. But it's tough to come up with something worthwhile without easily stepping over the line and giving something too powerful to the class with cloaking and recon.

Infiltrators are decently capable of getting rear armor shots with the battle rifle's UBGL or the explosive crossbow for some surprise supporting damage. I don't think the class with cloaking should get AV options with similar range/power/sustainability as rocklet rifles or rocket launchers. That said; I would've liked to see universal AV grenade access as an option.

The only ES snipers, at that. They should tweak some stats to add faction flavor to the rest of them, as we already have plenty of other snipers that are all in need of personality.
    • Up x 1
  3. Tasogie

Sigh I put alot of money an alot of work into my sniper an now to see it ruined is going to suck. makes me really not want to continue since thats all I play.Infs should NOT have shotguns or AT options, its idiotic...
  4. Zak Preston

what shotguns or AT options are you talking about?
  5. Voodoo4500

Massively disappointed that they pulled the Carbine Access. :(:(
  6. Hegeteus

Infiltrator has been more or less adequate compared to other combat classes this far, but with cloak quality being bad(easily seen by vets, full of bugs) there's not much room for being behind in competetive edge.
  7. Tasogie

That they are gonna give shotguns to infs.
  8. Killer Medic

Once this hits, and every class gets something while the infil gets nothing....there's going to be another wave of players quitting...smooth move Devs and Wrel. Exlax isn't even as smooth and it certainly isn't as full of bullsh*t as you guys' decision making is.
    • Up x 1
  9. Demigan

Thank you.

I don't mind a good system. If you can manage to design an inventory class system where every weapon remains viable and no class or weapon is so blatantly superior that everyone flocks for specific class/weapon combinations for specific tasks, wonderful! But having 100% complete freedom is an extremely dangerous move. It's like giving all vehicles access to all vehicle weapons. A Flash with an AP Prowler guns on it? Worse: A Sunderer with 2 AP Prowler guns and a lot more health and armor? Suddenly you have to build in changes to health, resistances, hitboxes, visibility, cost, movement and agility otherwise some vehicles would never ever get used again, and most weapons wouldn't even get used as there's some clear winners.
    I used vehicles as an example as they have a far greater difference in how they work than classes, but it is a great magnifying glass of how differences between vehicles would have to be brought closer together in order for all weapons to be mountable on the vehicles. Even if you allowed a Flash to "only" equip secondary weapons, and a Sunderer "only" secondary weapons, then they would still dominate the battlefield compared to Lightnings and MBT's when you start equipping ESAV secondaries like dual Vulcans or similar.

Now try to use the same thing but for infantry. A complete freedom system is practically impossible to balance correctly without having specific loadouts be supreme and dominate everything, which completely ruins any variation in the gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  10. iStalk

I wonder how many players play as a stalker main. I do, here's some things I've noticed
    -cloak sucks, nothing new here, easily spotted without the flash light
    -no point in playing your role of "spotting" because it's heard a mile away and anyone with a decent set of headphones can more or less figure out where you are.
    - must learn how to use knife as a backup. So I use knife as primary and black hand to counter snipe.
    - lacking ASP, at least allow stalkers to have two secondary weapons or 3 implants?
    -remove the damn shimmer, nc tks me enough, don't want them to show my location also by shooting at me while cloaked
    -that suit for speed doesn't really do much.
    -why can't stalkers throw actual knives?
    - dual knife setup for asp? Like power knife and that amerutaso or w.e it's called.
    Just thinking out loud here.
  11. LordKrelas

Cloaking when used properly, is one of the most effective escape, ambush, and closing utility.
    Let alone with an infinite duration cloak.

Implants weren't designed for triplicate use, that could easily eclipse the other cloaks, and what on earth what you even use the 3rd slot for.
    If you had two of those pistols, what exactly was your cost, and how isn't it a straight upgrade over other stalkers.
    You already are counter-sniping with one pistol, which says a lot.

There's a slot that can remove the shimmer on shield impacts: Tis a choice.
    The Speed suit isn't meant to easily allow a Knifing spree by sheer speed.

There actually is a Throwing-Knife, it replaces the grenade, and is a bugger to get.
    There's also a knife that throws energy blades: It's barely used however.

Sheer upgrade in that duel wielding.
    No stalker that didn't pick either the double weapons or that duel knife, could match you in raw firepower.
    You could be identically skilled; You have a straight improvement, instead of more options due to ASP alone there.

Just some counter-arguments.
    There is little , in terms of ASP options for any specific variants of the classes.
    A very notable one, is indeed the Stalker Infil, as it's one of the most drastically different from the usual class's abilities.
  12. JibbaJabba

Interesting Zombie.

Seems the OP didn't pan out though. The world did not end for infiltrators.