[BUG] Dammit Knife You Failed Me Again!!!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Lycanton, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Lycanton

When i Run out Of Ammo I Usually Go Out On A Knife Hunt. I Don't Last Very Long Since When I Do Knife Someone The Knife Doesn't Damage Them. I Can Clearly See That The Knife Goes Through Them And The Person does Flinch But No Damage is Done. This Is very Annoying Since It Only Happens Sometimes. And When It Does Happen They Hear The Knife Cutting Thin Air And Turn Then Kill Me.
    Please Fix This.
    (Sorry For Writing Caps On Every Word. Kind Of A Habit)
    • Up x 2
  2. Crewell

You should fix that habit if you want people to take you serious. Also this tied with random punctuation makes it very unreadable.

As far as my knife connecting and not damaging the target, can't say I've ever seen it.
    • Up x 2
  3. Lakora

Try to make double tap n stab into a habit... In short shot twice with pistol stab once.

But yeah this bug is annoying as hell tho when it does occur but try n save ammo for stabbing will at least save you once or twice.
  4. Flag

There are time s when you're running into the enemy, as in you're observing the inside of their model from time to time, slash at them with the knife and .... nothing.

Probably tied to delays between client A - server -client B, so when client A stabs, client B, on his(or her) end is out of range, and then the server says "sod it" and pretends the stab-attempt didn't take place.
    Or something to that effect.

Then imagine you're out of bullets on your weapon and attempted to stab them to get a kill, only to have nothing happen and then they turn around and kill you before you can land a stab, or reload the gun.

Worst so far, for me, was 5 stabs in a row that didn't connect. Then I ate some bullets with my face. :(
  5. Crewell

I'd guess it's more client/server lag than bug related like you are thinking. No different than when you have a target dead in your sites and still miss.
  6. Flag

Yeah probably.
    Doesn't make it less annoying. :(
    Edit: Then again, 2 players killing each-other thanks to the lag, makes me smile. :)
  7. Timeraider

I hate it when my knife clearly goes through the enemys throat and then rips open his whole back. After which the server says .."nope, you didnt hit him"
  8. Zinus

Pascal Casing.
    Pascal Casing Everywhere!!!

ban that shift button :D.
    But ye back to topic, i find it more reliable to knife in tribes than here.... every time i see an enemy from behind, standing still, i just think about knifing them, but then gain i think to myself "na..." and pistol shoot em instead :/

i got several knife kills during close combat and stuff, but most of the time it feels like luck rather than skill or that stuff... :(
  9. KillerTOFU

I have lost count of how many times I've snuck up on some one and tried to stab them only to watch my knife not hit, there have even been a few times where I have walked right through someone when trying to stab them, and a number of times where I have been standing still spotting enemies only to see a knife suddenly appear in front of my face then turn so see the enemy behind me. It's beyond annoying because I love stabbing people in the face and since I mostly play an infil it's not like I have a lot of bullets to spam at close range.
  10. Ztiller

Lost count of all the times i have died because of this. Throw EMP nade, run in to knife people. Knife everyone in sight. 1/5 hits connect.
    • Up x 1
  11. Jests

Wow, the OP. As near as I can tell, this thread is about knife not doing damage.

I'm pretty sure it's because of lag, and unfortunately it happens in every game. You either get this, or the solution, which makes people have 20 foot long arms if they're lagging. It sucks... and I'm not really sure which one I prefer because they're both frustrating. I did die, however, to some guy that I put my knife in 5 times and none of them registered because he was running backwards :|
    • Up x 1
  12. Lakora

Actually I doubt it's from lag... Cause lag doesn't effect inanimate objects unless you're the one lagging lol... But no there seems to be a knife dmg delay of about 1-2s so if you knife twice instantly after each other the knife will not connect the second hit... Why I don't know... Could be a bug in the code, some sort of failsafe to prevent those lagging to knife everyone to death, the code doesn't register the first swing animation as being done when you're already knifing a second time... I don't know. But to be on the safe side just double tap n stab.
  13. Mustarde

I think the area of knife contact is a little picky - I get lots of knife kills straight on but when i'm in a frantic fight jumping around trying to cloak, recloak, reload my pistol, dance and knife, I find more than a few times I am not connecting when I think I should be. Its not lag - I think it simply is that the mechanism is a little goofy, maybe on purpose to make it hard to connect a stab unless the target is centered in front of you.

*Shrug*
  14. ScorpDK

The sound effect of the knife swing should be changed. Even if pulled out of a sheath at high-speed, I doubt it makes THAT noise.
    Make the knife play a different, loud sound WHEN you actually connect with something, but have it almost unnoticeable silent otherwise.
  15. St0mpy

I think theres something wrong with it.

I got the drop on a guy just a few nights back, he was standing alone on an air pad so I snuck up behind, easy kill I thought. So I started slashing at him, im used to it always taking 2 slashes and ive been in a situation where the guys moved after slash 1 and ive missed the second so im right behind him in the perfect spot, slash, slash, sla...omg hes shooting at me, im dead.

Three slashes and not dead? what the f....?
  16. m44v

Liar, this is your only post with that annoying style.
  17. Tenebrae Aeterna

You're the only person I have ever seen say that they haven't encountered the problem. :p
  18. Anvildude

I'll give a second. The only time I've ever not 'hit' with a knife is due to legitimate enemy dodging or me just not aiming right and being over-eager.
  19. MrIDoK

Sometimes i happened to stab a person a lot of times after the first hit and i saw him moving due to the hit (you know, that little hit animation) only to see none of my hits register and do damage. I was jetpacking at that moment, but i did hit him... o_O
  20. Christo92K

Reminds me of that horrible moment when I knifed a clueless NC heavy six times, and only the first attack registered, he just turned around and shot me.

-_-