D-Sync on Emerald

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Grandizer, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Grandizer

So we all know the latency issues still persist, spiking on every continent except MAYBE Indar. Even Hossin has it's issues at 100-200ms spikes that last for a while.

The game is now, it seems more than before, has a terrible d-sync issue even after the latest patch, even in VR Training. The sever spikes in VR right now are above up to 80ms and I'm the only person in here on VS. Over the last week and even worse last night, where I just patched last night and played, players were facing opposite directions and hitting me, headshots would register but not have weight compared to players hitting me with body shots. In some cases, more than a few actually, players tracers showed they missed, even as much as far to one side but hit me. Usually you would see that with the client side and I'm well aware of it, but it became an issue where drilling people from behind starting with a headshot would result in them turning and firing what seems a few shots and dead. This is even with the server showing a 50-75ms ping. I've been playing for about 4 years, well aware of client side. I'm talking abnout performance outside what we would expect, like a heightened sense of what you are seeing and doing is not in sync with that's processing server side.

Also, getting hit behind and inside buildings. I finally just left after so many times of getting shot around a doorway where the player is inside and around the same corner. Running for cover with half health only to keep taking shots and die 5 feet inside or behind cover, with like a 1 sec delay as to when you get behind cover, then finally die from the last shot from the enemy. You can't even judge when get to cover when engaged because misses count as hits and being not visible results in getting hit

Last night the game started performing like it was 30fps in 96+ when my screen showed 80-100. It started to look grainy and perform badly and hit detection goes down the drain even worse..,

I'm in VR right now and dropping some bots and the kill banner at the bottom takes half a second to register and the npc takes just as long to flop after the kill. Never was like this for me at least.

Game also doesn't register XP for repairing and rezzing a lot. OS even on Amerish right now at 68ms server ping, is still a waiting game. Grenades just explode with no indicator, like they appear out of nowhere, you die by suicide for no reason you can think of . Something is still off with Emerald

My internet is good, 450down and 12up, nothing on my end is any different in performance than usual.