Cyclone or Anchor?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Commander Beanbag, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Commander Beanbag

Closing in on 1k certs on my NC alt. I have the gd-22 and the jackhammer, but I'm looking for a nice full auto cqc weapon. Trialed the anchor and I loved it. I can consistently headshot. I play fairly risky, usually among the first to jump into a breach, which the gauss saw is decidedly unfit for. Help me decide which weapon to cert.
  2. Liewec123

i'd probably go for Cyclone, they're both great weapons that fill very similar roles but you'd get more value from cyclone since every class can use it :)
    • Up x 1
  3. Skiptrace

I would actually say get the EM6 if you don't have it. It's a great CQC Gun for when you need to shred multiple targets as it has a large 100 Mag size. though, even with the ALS it has a rather large COF, which means you should run at minimum a 1x sight for longer ranges. If not, the Cyclone can work well, as it has a nice mag size and can be used on all classes.
  4. Dualice

From what I understand the Anchor has the fastest theoretical TTK due to its fire rate plus 167 damage profile. Though of course it will be more unwieldy than the Cyclone, and HA-only.

Cyclone acts more or less like a carbine, and is about the only weapon I envy the NC for. As with all first-gen SMGs though it is far more punishing for missed shots, so you must make every one count :) It would be more versatile than the Anchor and is of course applicable across the classes.

If you plan on playing several other classes besides heavy, the Cyclone may be your best option. If you're a heavy-only type of player, perhaps the Anchor would be a more worthy investment.
  5. _itg

The Cyclone is also a 167-damage weapon and has a faster RoF than the Anchor, so it has the faster TTK at close range.
    • Up x 2
  6. ATRA_Wampa-One

The Cyclone is more OP than the Betelgeuse on a HA.
  7. Zoobe

I love the Anchor, but, there is NOTHING more dangerous in CQC than a Cyclone hip firing heavy. As the guy said above...
  8. Leondre

Cyclone is best LMG.
  9. SgtBeta

Anchor all the way bro.
    But if you play with other classes too, I would go with the Blitz, I prefer it over the cyclone because smgs are best with dumb fire and the blitz is perfect for it.I suggest you give it a try if you will buy the Cyclone. ;)
  10. Jogido

trial the cyclone too :)