Cycler TRV or TAR?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by XOLiD, May 16, 2013.

1. XOLiD

I'm looking to start playing medic more on my TR and I'm looking for opinions/suggestions/feedback from people that have used these guns.

I'm mainly focused around CQC with mid range possible which is why I'd rather use an AR than a shotgun.
  2. }{ellKnight

You're probably better off with the TAR after the nerfbat treatment the TRV took last patch.
    • Up x 1
  3. metrotw

4. Hypest

TAR all the way. SOE nerfed the TRV twice now, because it's sharing the same role with the TAR and since the TAR is more expensive it become better. TAR = H-V45 = GR-22 > T9 Carv > Rubber duck >>> TRV

The TAR was already better before GU08.
    • Up x 1
  5. }{ellKnight

Don't be hating on the TRV, slap on forward grip on it and use it mid range, it will decimate.
    • Up x 2
  6. Word Of Madness

The TAR has far better hipfire, 0.75ADS move speed, is slightly easier to use at longer distances and has a shorter reload. The TRV fires 45RPM faster and has slightly less side-to-side wobble (horizontal recoil).

For me the TAR is the superior weapon, but if you don't want to blow 700SC/1000Certs, the TRV is still a great gun for 250Certs.
  7. CrimsonDaemon

I always felt you and me were kindred spirits with our love of the TRV
  8. }{ellKnight

Well, it has taken a backseat lately for me since I was focusing on getting auraxium with my uppercut and now I'm trying to get it on my T1S as well.
  9. Dr.Insomnia

I love the TRV. Cheap and effective burpdeath. And with burpdeath I mean it says "Brrrrp" and then you see Kill XP.
    • Up x 2
  10. XRIST0

I just recently got back into playing medic , i use the standard T1 cycler with Grip and NV scope ..

Its effective in all situations .. 90% of the time i outgun my oponent , i find the T1 Cycler one of the better guns in the game . The TRV spits alot of bullets and the NS11 is just a noob cannon .

Either use the TAR or the T1 Cycler , thats my opinion .
  11. Zagz

Woa - I still use the TRV and it still a pretty damn good weapon. For the price, you might as well get it now and later on, get the TAR.
  12. Paulus

I loved my TRV so much I kept it long after I got the Auraxium medal, I moved on to the SMG now, but for a short to medium range Medic rifle, the TRV has so much going for it with only the NS-11 being able to compete for feel ( I still prefer TRV over NS-11 though).

Also the "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRP" noise it makes when it fires (especially with flash reducer equipped) is so distinctive on the battlefield, you'll find yourself suddenly noticing who else around you has one and smiling to yourself.
    • Up x 2
  13. Kociboss

As it stands now, TAR is better. For good or for worse.
  14. sindz

TAR has better ADS movement (0.75x) as the only assault rifle, better COF numbers so adv laser will work better. TRV has stupidly high ROF. Both are really good, but id take the TAR due to movement speed alone.
  15. XOLiD

Oh yeah I'm liking the TAR, had quite a nice moment where two heavies killed one of my friends and I dropped them both with their shields up pretty damn near instantly. Then proceeded to get my friend up and celebrate.
  16. Bearcat

TAR... but I'm still using the TRV after the nerf because I already have it and it is still a very nice weapon.
  17. CrimsonDaemon

I would also recommend either the T1 or the T1B with NV scope, foregrip, and flash hider. They are absolute creatues.
  18. Seranov

I've been using the TRV a lot lately for my CQB work (I have a T1S for medium range) and it's a lot of fun. I find it very good for what I use it for (I even have a silencer on it, because it doesn't really seem to cause any problems for short range) but it's obviously not the best weapon ever.

I am very much interested in saving up the certs for the TAR, now, however, because I'd like to give it a shot. Not having to switch between the T1S and TRV when I want to do both CQB and medium-range fighting would be neat.
  19. Evil Monkey

I went through the same dilemmna, and even though a TRV is cheap (250 certs) after investing in attachments (laser, grip, sights ~ 260) it's still a significant investment.

Went with TAR on 350SC special because...

TAR is better at CQB as TAR hipfire >>> TRV hipfire (didn't TRV get nerfed to having one of the worst hipfires in order to make TAR attractive?), and TAR .75 ADS > TRV .50 ADS. TAR is more mobile, better at hipfire.

Pretty similar mid-range; Cycler (more accurate) = TAR (.75 ADS) = TRV (fast RoF); the TRV RoF, for me, didn't offer enough advantages over the base Cycler's accuracy or TAR's ADS speed.
  20. }{ellKnight

Just want to point out that ADS movement speed doesn't help hipfire at all, your movement modifier is 1 when hipfiring.