Current Game Play

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Drag0, May 30, 2014.

1. Drag0

It isn't rewarding enough to the losing sides. Most of the times it seems you get a good fight going, then it goes for maybe 10 mins. Then the majority of the losing side leaves turning the fun fight into a one sided base camp.

This game shines when both sides throw everything at each other for long fights. Current game play doesn't create optimal fun fights.

Somehow it has to be worth it more for losers to fight to the bitter end. Or make it less convenient to redeploy away.
    • Up x 1
  2. Paragon Exile

Fight in major battles for alerts.

Those fights last for upwards of an hour.

But OP, most people (attackers and defenders) realize when they're being farmed/outdone, and they abandon ship to fight in battles with a chance in hell of victory.
  3. coldstatic

Yes thats a big problem with this game. Only once did I get in a fight ps1 style. Just on the south side of broken arch. 48+ in blds there and 48+ our side hidingf next to trees 10 meters from the windows. It lasted 6 he's like that.....I think I cried from joy aftetwards.
  4. Axehilt

It's not always wise to blindly fight at a location no matter what.

It would be better for the overall game if a little more value was gained from holding plenty of territory (it can't be too much of a direct gameplay benefit, because that results in rich-get-richer, but indirect rewards and small direct ones is best.) That way players would judge for themselves when it was worth staying vs. redeploying.

Implying that it's always best to fight at the battle you've chosen is wrong. Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's wrong.

Either way, game mechanics which force players to stick around at lost bases would be pretty difficult to implement, and just a big terrible-feeling hassle if you did.
  5. The Baconater

[IMG][IMG]