[Suggestion] Crossbow should be suppressed

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Exitus Acta Probat, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Exitus Acta Probat

It really should leave no map marker, its a friggen crossbow for christ sake, the decibels are well below anything a suppressed firearm could ever come close to.

Hmm... maybe this should be in gameplay discussion, its just when ever I think crossbow, I think infiltrator.
  2. cobaltlightning

The Crossbow is already suppressed, for the most part.
    Outside of 10 meters (which ain't that big of a distance) they don't appear as a blip, and they're quiet enough That you can easily poke a slow moving dude twice with it from ~15 meters and kill him without revealing yourself.
  3. Exitus Acta Probat

I believe its 20m and leaving a blip Isn't suppressed.

Its the blip that catches peoples attention, its full blip, not a mostly blip.

Kind of the point of the whole post, not wanting a mostly suppressed crossbow but a fully suppressed crossbow.
  4. Cirena

It's 10m - (1:40)

But yeah it's a bit silly that it isn't fully suppressed, though I mostly flush out crossbow infils from the reload sound.
  5. Eternaloptimist

Never used one myself but I believe they do a lot of damage whent hey hit. Looking at the NS pistols as a possible comparison it seems that high power NS secondaries don't get the added advantage of supression (or fast refire/reload times).
  6. Vorest

650dmg up close, 975dmg headshot up close. 1-hk inflis. It's high skill weapon, due to 1 sec chambertime. Kinda like slug pump-action shotty. Great for shot+knife instakills if you are skilled enough. Otherwise so-so. Also you can equip scanner bolts to sacrifice sidearm for worse recon tool on other classes.
  7. Eternaloptimist

Thanks for that. So, yeah.......crossbow seems to fit into the same class as the big NS revolvers (in the devs eyes at least) which might explain why they have the same characteristic regarding visibility on the map.

I know crossbows are quiet weapons in real but this seems to be a game balance thing rather than anything else.
  8. Rikkit

can confirm, from cute beavers testing, dot only apears within 10m.
  9. Exitus Acta Probat

Commie fires pretty god damn fast.
  10. EPIC389

But its loud, obnoxious, cannot be suppressed and can be heard and recognised from quite a distance. While it works, hunter QCX is probably still stalkers best friend(Cute Beaver in a nutshell)
    • Up x 1