Crashing to Desktop FAR more now than before

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Maljas23, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Maljas23

Literally every 15-30 mins, I crash to desktop. I was crashing before this patch but now it is FAR FAR worse. SOE, can you guy please do something about this? I have a 64-bit OS and so I am using the 64-bit client.
  2. nitram1000

Same. Words can't describe how useless these devs are.
    • Up x 1
  3. Hetzer

Same here. WAY more!
    My System Specs are kinda exotic though... :(
    MacBook Pro 15" Retina, Intel i7, 2 Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Intel Iris Pro Graphics
    PS2 running over Bootcamp on Windows 8.1 64bit.

Make it go away! :(
  4. Mianera

Same and it is FRIKKEN annoying!
  5. xWarMachine

Yup. Logged on for 15 min with stable play then CTD... Logged on again 10 mins CTD.

Performance isn't an issue, I can run the game at 75FPS with ease on ultra, but these CTDs will keep me away form the game til I hear it's fixed.

Should have know with SOE. New patch, new problems that weren't QA tested.
  6. AapNootMis

The crashes could be ftom the constant patching of patches I think. After a crash, and trying again later on, I got another update.

But on the other hand, my client rarely crashed before, but when it crashes now it is in the same location where it used to crash, broken arch road. Only more often....
  7. Ikarius77

I´m with another crash problem... the game Freezes, but proccess planetside.exe don't give a error... only a black screen when i minimized to desktop.

Imposible to play... Played 2 hours today and suffered 5 times... no driver problem... no cpu related.... im really starting to lose patience with this game...
  8. PastalavistaBB

Game keeps crashing much more often than before the patch. I'm running a 64 bit Windows 7 and therefore the 64 bit PS2 Client. Game crashed 4 times in1,5 hours. I just gave up and I'm waiting for a fix since it's unplayable atm.
  9. JoenH

Same here, and 4 guys in my outfit as well.....
    This is getting unacceptable, and not actually worth paying for, despite your recent campaign to get more members :(
  10. Thornton

Yep, same here. Thought I'd try out the new 64 bit client (win 7) but crashed twice in game and once as soon as I loaded into the server. Map didn't even have a chance to pop up.

What I played seemed responsive and relatively lag free, but that's of little use if I crash so often I can be of almost no tactical value unless I decide to camp a spawn point (at least I won't have far to run when I log back in).
  11. ObsidianRus

Same. Even more freqent. Like once every 10 mins
  12. VonStalin

game feels like it is still in beta.. it is kinda annoying. It feels like guys who build this game are working in garage for free on their free time as a high school project or something..
  13. Dhabu

I'm having similar issues; for me, it feels like the framerate "hitch" that's been there for awhile is just causing a crash to desktop more often, rather than resuming gameplay. Like pre-patch, it would hitch every 20 minutes or so, but 50% of the time it would recover, and now it causes a crash to desktop 80% of the time.

Long story short, it's happening often enough that, even without losing vehicles to combat, I'm running out of resources on Indar. Frustrating.
    • Up x 2
  14. RemusKarrik

Same here. Sometimes my screen blacks out completely for a few seconds (sound still works), after a couple of minutes it crashes to desktop with no error popup.

CPU: 3770K (stock speed)
    MOBO: P8Z77M-PRO
    RAM: 16Gb 2133Mhz
    GPU: GTX 660 2Gb
    SSD: Kingston HyperX
  15. BetaBravo

Same here; I have had more CTDs in the last two days than over the last 3 months....
  16. Kingie07

Add another one to the pile, i'm getting lots of hitches though overall gameplay is generally very smooth. CTD sporatically when i redeploy somewhere it loads to 98% sound is still going then pause and crash.

I7 3930K OC
    Giga x79 UP4
    2x 7970 stock
    8 gig ram
    Corsair force SSD
    Win 8.1
  17. FXSTB

Very annoying. I can go 20-30 minutes with only periodic freezing for a few seconds, but after that, CTD. I've been playing this game for 1.5 years now, and it never, ever crashed on me until this month. Now, it's very frequent.

CPU: AMD Bulldozer X6 FX-6100 3.3GHz (No overclocking)
    MOBO: ASUS M5A88-V EVO
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Blue 16GB
    GPU: GTX 570 Super Overclock
    SSD: Plextor PX-256 SSD
  18. MajiinBuu

I haven't crashed any more than usual. I got desynched today, haven't had that happen in awhile.
    I have a 64-bit OS but for some reason the game client is still x86
  19. HellasVagabond

No crashes but many artifacts....Almost feels i'm running Furmark :p
  20. Viridian2

Same and dont tell me to create a support ticket cuz all i got was a weird answer and no help at all.