Crashing every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Comptonunhh, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Comptonunhh

I have recently been having an issue with my game crashing every 10-20 minutes, it can be directly correlated to the last patch being exactly when it started. This is what I get after the crash.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
    Application Name:planetSide2.exe
    Application Version:0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp:5130474e
    Fault Module Name:ApexFramework_x86.dll
    Fault Module Version:1.2.0.1
    Fault Module Timestamp:5126b0d5
    Exception Code:c0000005
    Exception Offset:00002aab
    OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID:1033
    Additional Information 1:0a9e
    Additional Information 2:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3:0a9e
    Additional Information 4:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Not sure if this data is any help as I could not find any crash log file in the game directory to provide you guys with. I have validated game files several times, and always monitor my hardware temps. Everything is normal with my system other than the sudden crashes.
  2. Angar

Same issue here and same error codes.
  3. Nody

Did you force enable the PhysX engine in the useroptions.ini file (ForceGpuPhysics=1, GpuPhysics=1)? Because the crashes started for everyone who had it enabled after the latest patch and your crash frequency and the ApexFrameWork is pointing in that direction as well (and removing those two lines from the ini file removes the crashes as well).
  4. Hobosapien

I've had this problem since before alpha squadron was available. I would be quite interested in a fix too.
  5. Joe_da_cro

Exception Code:c0000005 is usually related to errors in your memory (RAM).

I have found to get this error and as frequently as you are posting ( i even got the error to occur as soon as i launched into the game) is by overclocking CPU using an incorrect memory timing setting. sure other games worked fine for me, but not ps2. what i suggest you do is run the game with no CPU overclock and have your ram running on suggested timings based from the ram supplier. then run the game. if you can play for an hour without crashes then you know what your problem was. if you do get this error as when not overclocked test your ram sticks as it could be your ram playing up. also when doing this make sure you turn physx off if you have enabled it and also use settings in the ini which can be obtained via in-game controls. just because your mate can run with "x" ini settings doesn't mean your machine is capable of doing the same.

you might ask why only PS2 is has this error and not other games... well it is just how the game is written. the simple reason why you have those crashes its because the game cannot handle the error in which windows gave the game and so it cant respond to windows and it hangs. ( instead of getting the exception code i occasionally had hang errors in the event log).
  6. tbot

I had the same problem on my brothers PC.

Here is a possible fix that i found somewhere on this board that helped on his pc

1. find if you have a outofmemory.txt in your planetside2 folder - if yes go to step 2, if no you can still try but not sure if it will help
    2. open CMD with admin rights (else it will not work)
    3. write in CMD "bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072" if you have 4 GB of RAM, 1 GB is reserved for your OS so 3072 is 3 GB
    4. reboot your PC

Since i did that on his PC, he had not 1 single crash anymore.

If your system gets unstable you can revert back with "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa"

Fix was found by Meta Haze
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ash-to-desktop-outofmemory-please-read.48828/
  7. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

I've highlighted the problem in red, that crash is coming from the PhysX portion of your game. I would suggest going into your useroptions.ini, as Nody said, and checking if you have ForceGPUPhysics=1 and GPUPhysics=1 values currently active - if you do, I'd suggest removing them to see if that provides any relief.