Crash upon attempting to access suits or utilitys in an equiptment terminal

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Gadamlu, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Gadamlu

as the title says. i already had to delete a char after getting stuck in the VR crash loop, now i cant put mines or a better suit on it so i can run with my outfit for the test server Ops within the next hour or so. please fix these crashing problems SOE...
    • Up x 6
  2. DarkShadow23

Same crash if you try to get to it through the Classes menu.
    • Up x 3
  3. Scientiarum

I crash now logging into my vanu character... Can't even get on. Before this last patch today (I assume it must have been made within the last few hours of 7:30EST) I had only crashed once after playing for at least a few hours. So this seems to be new for me.
  4. Scientiarum

Apparently I CAN loggin to my gorsh dang TR character LOL!!!!!!
  5. Eugenitor

Same thing. Get on as a Vanu, try to put something in my inf's utility slot, crashy crashy.

C'mon guys. This test server is supposed to be for beta-level stuff. Not pre-alpha-level crashes. You didn't fire your whole internal test team and replace them with us, did you?
    • Up x 1
  6. NoctD

Ok you don't need a terminal even, just try changing your loadouts.

Hit the suit slot = CRASH!!!
    • Up x 3
  7. AClockworkGrapefruit

This also happened to me. I made a new TR character I was going to practice sniping with, and when I try to change my infiltrator's suit slot, it crashes. :(
  8. Hamakua

Confirm, deleted character, tried re-creating then equipping, no go.
  9. QuartzBear

Same here for me. I got past the VR Training crash by creating a new character, but can't select anything in suit or utility slot without a crash. Anyone come up with a workaround?

Update 1: Tried switching to another continent. Tried suit slot. Crashed.

Update 2: Tried switching to another class and editing one I was not currently using. No change.

Update 3: Tried suit slot on other classes. No change (not surprised but wanted to be thorough). Tried suit slot while attached to equipment terminal. Also no change.
    • Up x 1
  10. Vaelkyri

Add one more, seems to be a critical issue in there somewhere.
  11. notyourbuddy

ditto
  12. PraxisMajor

Yep, same situation here. Created a new Vanu character tonight as I believe my old one was stuck in VR and I kept crashing as soon as I logged in.

Anyway, as noted by everyone else, when clicking the UI buttons in the loadout screen for Utility or Suit I am getting a crash to desktop.

The one exception I personally noted for this was the Utility button for the engineer (I guess because there is already something equipped there by default?). I hadn't certed any upgrades to engineer utilities at that point.

I'm still getting a reasonable number of random CTDs as well, but haven't noticed any kind of pattern to them.
  13. rhilir

I crashed to trying to set up new class sets. But the old one i had before the patch seemed to work thou.
  14. Trefulist

I crash with my NC character that I created the day PTS went up. Only tried it on my infiltrator when trying to equip my bouncing betties. Gave up trying to change loadouts after that.
  15. Haurus

Same. At Terminal or through load-out screen.
  16. Vanst-K

Add another to the list of affected players. Happening through the esc-menu loadout screen or through an equipment terminal, regardless of which class I try to change utility or suit slot items on.
  17. FredrickTech

I'm also throwing my chip in the hat. I too suffer this issue. Seems a bit glaring; how'd it manage to slip into the test product?
  18. MilkAndHoney

Same at NC - and the slot for Mines asf. > Crash
    Vehicles work fine.
  19. Watz

Setting up TR heavy scope + RL works fine. Trying to set up suit -> crash. Its so obvious it will be fixed quite soon (at work, we'd get a TEST STOP flagged bug report for that, which means quite high priority :)
  20. NoctD

Note - I didn't delete my account my I'm attempting to put suit on my TR HA which I didn't previously cert prior to yesterday's update.

Error if it helps...

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: PlanetSide2.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 51671d87
    Fault Module Name: PlanetSide2.exe
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 51671d87
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00fecffd
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1