Crash on character login

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shaken_U, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Shaken_U

That's pretty much what's happening, this is after I got disconnected from Connery on Indar. The last patch broke something (that's all I know). I had the previous version, got D/C, then went and downloaded the new version. This was within maybe 10 minutes, so I know for a fact that this is what's causing it. I will go redownload my main .exe to try to fix it update soon
    • Up x 4
  2. nitram1000

I get booted to desktop when logging into my character.
    • Up x 3
  3. Shaken_U

Nope. Deleting the main EXE saved it for about 3/4 of a second, then it crashed right back to desktop
  4. Botji

Got the same issue now, played a bit and kept getting disconnected and now there was a small patch = instant CTD when trying to log in on a character..

Edit: 2nd try, different character = instant CTD.

Holy crap SOE should hold a "how to make a game patch" conferance and everyone would be there, expecting some sort of stand up comedian!
    • Up x 3
  5. RG9T86

Same here except when I got disconnected and booted up the game again the client downloaded a small patch then the booting to the desktop on character login happened.
    • Up x 1
  6. Horkrine

Yeah, just happened to me too. I'm not sure if SOE are up to something with servers and trying to apply a live fix, but the servers are all up and nobody can connect. After trying to log into a character, the game closes unexpectedly and goes to desktop. There isn't even an error report showing... Not sure what's going on here, but I think SOE are trying to tell me "You should be doing your college coursework".

PS. This is only on some servers. I can log into Waterson and Cobalt. But not Connery.
    • Up x 1
  7. TRick Shot

Same here. It says Woodman is unavailable, whilst as I write this, the forum says Woodman is up.
    So I try to log into my Miller char, and it just crashes the client. No error message or anything. Still occurs if I validate assets.
  8. RG9T86

Guess its safe to say SoE messed up.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ice Dragyn

Me, too. Kept getting booted every half hour or so, then a small patch, and now I'm crashing every time I try to take a character into the game.
  10. Tehrawk

Have they ever patched without breaking something? Maybe they should test before patching.
    • Up x 2
  11. Stefan1978GER

Also on Miller CTD after Clicking CharLogin
  12. Ice Dragyn

I was really looking forward to playing with double xp today, too. :/
  13. ENGTX

when log in ceres . game close and return on desktop . when log in miller server, game return on launch pad . SO WHAT THE [UCK .
  14. Konfuzfanten

Same on Ceres/EU. Tried with mutliple characters.

Another patch day, another day where i properly cant play PS2.
  15. weaselhead12

yeah I patched up then I could not log on
  16. weaselhead12

this is getting annoying im gonna play a different game they lost my trust
  17. Ty4KaHeMegBegb

Nah, it would not be hardcore
    • Up x 1
  18. MarkAntony

Yay. I have membership and can't log in. Thanks for the double XP SOE.
    • Up x 2
  19. NupidStoob

Just got home. Trying to log in, but getting a CDT everytime I select a character.
  20. SHIFTHOLDER

soooo me and 5 friends got the same error.
    server: ceres
    crashes on character login
    server says one fraction 100% - so there is like one person right now who is enjoying the ultimate ghostcapturing