Counter-combat, Tank Superiority.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZORN777, Mar 23, 2024.

1. ZORN777

A suggestion for vast unused spaces in the game. To create additional (optional to capture) sectors, points on these sectors can only be captured and held on heavy equipment, mainly tanks. In these sectors, a ban on the construction of bases should be established so that one of the parties does not have an advantage. This mode is just a suggestion that will not be considered by the developers anyway. I want to hear your suggestions.
  2. ZORN777

59 views and 0 offers, sad
  3. karlooo

Well to be honest, if a military tank is roaming the area, that is pretty much a "no construction zone" for the opposing end, without making it a rule :D
    Construction would need a rework again for such a concept. Possibly one, where there will be no longer "Cortium" nodes, and the ANT will become an outfit asset that can simply construct ground assets without needing to resupply of Cortium power... Instead, just build the strategical base, whatever it would be because once again it would need a full rework of every structure, and then the idea of heavy equipment capture zones would make sense.

But that's a good point because even the devs right now are trying to make construction a team effort to operate. Where does team effort come from? The outfit..
    And also the basis of Contruction, from Silo, Cortium, it's all far from perfect and will always be a mess. It just could use a change.
  4. Aris12

This assumes the base has not yet been built. If the base has already been built, the opposite happens, the area becomes a "no-tank zone." This is because of how OP the Spear turrets have become and because of the base's ability to chain pull Lightnings and Hornet ESFs.

I don't mind there being construction elements near a vehicle capture point, rather, I mind construction that blocks bottleneck roads. Namely, all of the center of Amerish, Nason's Defiance, and the rest of the "I'm a Wrel center lattice base"s. It is infuriating whenever a construction player drops a wall that completely blocks traffic, especially since the friendly fire nerf.

Construction could use a health nerf specifically for the walls. Most of the time, If I see an enemy base, I just bother taking out the AV turrets, air terminals, and maybe the command center (the buildings that give the construction plebian griefing power), I don't bother with the rest because it is such a damage sponge. Most of the time, I just want to drive past the base because leveling it completely is such a waste of time that spares some time for the TR tankers because Prowlers have Barrage.

What I would do, is to centralize Cortium to localized pockets instead of the randomly placed crystals. Delete a few of the developer-made bases and replace them with very large Cortium crystals surrounded by vehicle capture points and plenty of flat terrain to build on. Think of a Starcraft mineral field, or a Command & Conquer Tiberium field.
    • Up x 1