Cosplay Question

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LtBomber, Mar 9, 2023.

1. LtBomber

Even its not "Gameplay Discussion", i cant find a better place to ask, since it is super hard to even get a personal response from the team

I am a longe time player and huge fan of Planetside 2. Over the years, i have written a lot of poetry/lyircs on Planetside.
    For Anniviersity I did one of my heart projects: I made a Vanu cultist cosplay.

I was somewhat disappointed that all of my work didnt fit into any of the 10th year aniversity contest catergories.

Some people encouraged me to wear the costume as cosplay on events (like Gamescom, Comiccon), but i dont want to run into legal issuses, since i used ingame symbol.
    My questions now are:

Do i get allowence to use the "VS" symbol (slightly altered) and the "Immortal legion" decal symbol (altered) from daybreak for the cosplay?
    Do you want to see pictures of it?
    Is there any chance for written fanart to be considered in a future contest, or, out of the line?

Best regards

LtBomber
    • Up x 1
  2. Mithril Community Manager

That's fine, you are more than welcomed to share your cosplay photos with us here or tag us on twitter @planetside2.

We are not running contests at this time, I believe you might be referring to the community run creative contests.

I encourage you to share your creations on reddit for other members of the community to check out as well. :)
  3. LtBomber

Thank you for the fast reply,
    and for granting use on the symbols!

I will do some "better" photos, then ill post them.
    • Up x 1
  4. LtBomber

Somehow i cant upload pictures.
    It either says: "enter valid message" and shows blank or "message is too long, shorten it"
  5. Demigan

Isn’t a cosplay without the intent to earn money or insult the owners fair-use?

Besides that it’s practically free attention for your franchise. For example I’ve seen an incredible Space Marine cosplay and I dare bet plenty of people unawares of 40K would be absolutely aware of it afterwards.